Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 hours ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

Don’t forget Holtmann. Several are convinced he rebuilds OSU and immediately bolts for UK. Lol

I thought it was ridiculous too until I found out he's a Kentucky native.

It's pretty believable.

8 hours ago, Bailey7878 said:
I'm looking at Nebraska's schedule and they are 10-4 but it's a joke. They don't play anyone good really more than once and no michigan state.The five game winning streak is against the bottom of the big ten. 

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

They had single plays this year against mich st Michigan, Ohio st and Purdue (the top 4 conference teams) and they went 1-3. I said a month ago Nebraska could end up 14-4 in the B1G and not make the tournament. Of those 14 wins only 1 would be a top 50 rpi win (Michigan at home).

People who argue Nebraska should be a tournament team as of today must of not looked at their resume

Quad 1- 0-6

Quad 2- 3-2

Rpi- 54

SOS- 97, non conference sos( 267) lol

Of their projected 14 B1G wins (I think they will lose 1 more) 10  of them would of been against teams with an rpi over 100

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

58 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://theathletic.com/236536/2018/02/12/gottlieb-the-mistakes-i-made-and-the-price-i-paid/
Good article
It’s free

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Just a fantastic read.

My favorite part? Unlike so many, Gottlieb never proposes that he made "mistakes". Instead he tells the unvarnished truth in vivid terms; describing how he made horrible decisions, and how he did so primarily because, at that time in his life, he was entitled and thought he could get away with it. 

Huge kudos to Gottleib for telling his stark truth in a way that can be notably valuable to others. 

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Just a fantastic read.

My favorite part? Unlike so many, Gottlieb never proposes that he made "mistakes". Instead he tells the unvarnished truth in vivid terms; describing how he made horrible decisions, and how he did so primarily because, at that time in his life, he was entitled and thought he could get away with it

Huge kudos to Gottleib for telling his stark truth in a way that can be notably valuable to others. 

Yep was taken aback at the honesty. 

Was also interesting to see how the homesick excuse is used. 

Rothstein | Andy Kennedy to step down at season’s end

The end of an era is coming. Longtime Ole Miss head basketball coach Andy Kennedy will stepping down at the conclusion of the 2017-18 season, a source close to the situation has informed FanRag Sports. A press conference announcing such news is expected to take place on Monday.

Kennedy originally took over the reins in Oxford in 2006-07 after one season as the head coach at Cincinnati, which followed the abrupt resignation of Bob Huggins. Kennedy notably led the Rebels to a 21-13 record and a NIT appearance during his first season at Ole Miss.

That relative success was a harbinger of greater things to come. Though the Rebels failed to advance to any postseason tournament in 2008-09 after producing a 16-15 record, they advanced to the NCAA Tournament’s Round of 32 four years later following a 27-9 regular season. Led by combative guard Marshall Henderson, Ole Miss upset fifth-seeded Wisconsin in the Round of 64 before falling to 13th-seeded LaSalle one round later. In 2014-15, Kennedy guided the Rebels, 21-13, to their second NCAA Tournament appearance in three years.

Ole Miss, 11-14 this season and mired in a five-game losing streak, seem poised to finish 2017-18 below .500 for the only time in Kennedy’s 12-year tenure.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Rothstein | Andy Kennedy to step down at season’s end

The end of an era is coming. Longtime Ole Miss head basketball coach Andy Kennedy will stepping down at the conclusion of the 2017-18 season, a source close to the situation has informed FanRag Sports. A press conference announcing such news is expected to take place on Monday.

Kennedy originally took over the reins in Oxford in 2006-07 after one season as the head coach at Cincinnati, which followed the abrupt resignation of Bob Huggins. Kennedy notably led the Rebels to a 21-13 record and a NIT appearance during his first season at Ole Miss.

That relative success was a harbinger of greater things to come. Though the Rebels failed to advance to any postseason tournament in 2008-09 after producing a 16-15 record, they advanced to the NCAA Tournament’s Round of 32 four years later following a 27-9 regular season. Led by combative guard Marshall Henderson, Ole Miss upset fifth-seeded Wisconsin in the Round of 64 before falling to 13th-seeded LaSalle one round later. In 2014-15, Kennedy guided the Rebels, 21-13, to their second NCAA Tournament appearance in three years.

Ole Miss, 11-14 this season and mired in a five-game losing streak, seem poised to finish 2017-18 below .500 for the only time in Kennedy’s 12-year tenure.

Good fit for Crean imo.