Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pat Forde:  There is smoke from the IARP chimney: Some 132 days after North Carolina State had its infractions hearing, a ruling is set to be released this afternoon.  This is the first ruling from the IARP, the infractions "off-ramp" that also has the Kansas, LSU, Louisville, Arizona and Memphis cases in its pipeline. Suffice to say there is huge curiosity in college athletics to see how this goes. Also worth noting: there is no appeal.

For some reason I read IARP as AARP and wondered if Brad Davison found a 15th year of eligibility.  Man, I need a break.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pat Forde:  There is smoke from the IARP chimney: Some 132 days after North Carolina State had its infractions hearing, a ruling is set to be released this afternoon.  This is the first ruling from the IARP, the infractions "off-ramp" that also has the Kansas, LSU, Louisville, Arizona and Memphis cases in its pipeline. Suffice to say there is huge curiosity in college athletics to see how this goes. Also worth noting: there is no appeal.

One year probation, 1 year show-cause for Gottfried. No post season ban, according to ESPN.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/32910784/nc-state-wolfpack-men-basketball-program-put-1-year-probation-ex-coach-mark-gottfried-gets-one-year-show-cause-order

10 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

That'll send a message. 

Doing some afternoon perusing on the KenPom homepage to kill the work clock and.......the just-short-of-being-in-the-2021-final-four Oregon State Beavers are......1-10? That'll count as a yikes from Hova.

Back-to-back 1 point losses to Samford and Princeton, 6-point loss to Tulsa, 15-point less to Penn State, and a 7-point loss to UC Davis are the highlights in Corvallis.

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Doing some afternoon perusing on the KenPom homepage to kill the work clock and.......the just-short-of-being-in-the-2021-final-four Oregon State Beavers are......1-10? That'll count as a yikes from Hova.

Back-to-back 1 point losses to Samford and Princeton, 6-point loss to Tulsa, 15-point less to Penn State, and a 7-point loss to UC Davis are the highlights in Corvalis.

Yeah things are not looking so hot at the old alma mater! Haven’t seen much of them this season but they returned several players from last year, don’t know what’s up with them!

45 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Is that a live game look?

5 min before.   5 pm tip-off against a NAIA team with students on break.    ISU isn’t known for attendance anyway but this is low.    First time I’ve been back to a game here in 18 years 

40 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

5 min before.   5 pm tip-off against a NAIA team with students on break.    ISU isn’t known for attendance anyway but this is low.    First time I’ve been back to a game here in 18 years 

That’s what we Trees call the “Sycamore Sellout”. 

On 12/19/2021 at 6:36 PM, brumdog45 said:

I flipped to the game in time to hear Walton say that 'winter solistice is the best day of the year because it means that daylight is starting to come back'.  Felt like I was entering in a room in mid conversation of a conversation I didn't want to hear.

For me it's when he says conference of champions when talking about the Pac 12.

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Back-to-back 1 point losses to Samford and Princeton, 6-point loss to Tulsa, 15-point less to Penn State, and a 7-point loss to UC Davis are the highlights in Corvallis.

There has to be a "Ward.  Aren't you being a little hard on the Beavers?" joke in there somewhere.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

As an alum, class of '70, even I would call that sparse. Come to think of it, that was probably the last time I went to a game, although I did see a John Mellencamp show there sometime in the early '80's.

16 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Not if you are meeting up with old friends you haven’t seen in along time 

lol, swing and a miss at a joke on my part. I was joking that you were laying down taking a nap from the picture orientation. Oh, well, sometimes jokes just fall flat.