Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

4 hours ago, DWB said:

What can you possibly learn  as a team from a game like that? How (not) to schedule?

I realize that getting games at the last minute if Covid affected the schedule have an impact, and you want your guys to play against someone other than teammates, but jeeze...

Well a couple of weeks ago in the NBA Memphis beat OKC by 73 points.

2 hours ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I doubt Calward thought that would be the case.

Western Kentucky destroyed Louisville three days ago.  The game was just recently added as a Covid replacement….Cal knows they are decent.  It’s actually a dangerous opponent to be taking on short notice.

3 hours ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

I strictly meant WKU vs. us…it’s a travesty there have been openings in their schedule and they haven’t tried to reach out in some way. 

Ehh…I hate the guy and that program as much as anyone but this is quite a stretch. Playing UNC over the weekend was the most logical thing to happen. And both of their openings would have required us to just randomly cancel a game on our schedule for non-COVID reasons with very little notice to make a game with UK happen.  

1 hour ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Ehh…I hate the guy and that program as much as anyone but this is quite a stretch. Playing UNC over the weekend was the most logical thing to happen. And both of their openings would have required us to just randomly cancel a game on our schedule for non-COVID reasons with very little notice to make a game with UK happen.  

It’s just utter garbage it’s not a rivalry anymore. I feel like the mutual hatred runs so deep that every game is competitive and has a lot of stakes. The Purdue rivalry has (let’s face it) not been a rivalry for awhile, but I have a feeling we’d play pUKe pretty close and win at least half the time (considering our recent record of 2-1).

But aside from everything else, based on a monetary standpoint alone, why they don’t get it going again is bizarre. 

55 minutes ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

It’s just utter garbage it’s not a rivalry anymore. I feel like the mutual hatred runs so deep that every game is competitive and has a lot of stakes. The Purdue rivalry has (let’s face it) not been a rivalry for awhile, but I have a feeling we’d play pUKe pretty close and win at least half the time (considering our recent record of 2-1).

But aside from everything else, based on a monetary standpoint alone, why they don’t get it going again is bizarre. 

Well, sure. And maybe I took your previous post in the wrong way. If you were stating in a general sense that there have been opportunities to get this game back on as regularly scheduled game, then yes, totally agree. I took your previous statement more specifically as they've had 2 COVID cancellations recently and it's lame of them not to reach out to IU to try to get our rivalry game rescheduled on either of those two cancellation dates, which is what I think is a stretch. Good news is Woody is on record saying he'd love to get that game back on the schedule. But if they don't want it, fine, and **** 'em (sorry if that word isn't allowed here). As much as the fans want this game, they don't need us but make no mistake, we don't need them either. 

18 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Well, sure. And maybe I took your previous post in the wrong way. If you were stating in a general sense that there have been opportunities to get this game back on as regularly scheduled game, then yes, totally agree. I took your previous statement more specifically as they've had 2 COVID cancellations recently and it's lame of them not to reach out to IU to try to get our rivalry game rescheduled on either of those two cancellation dates, which is what I think is a stretch. Good news is Woody is on record saying he'd love to get that game back on the schedule. But if they don't want it, fine, and **** 'em (sorry if that word isn't allowed here). As much as the fans want this game, they don't need us but make no mistake, we don't need them either. 

Oh I agree. I just meant in a perfect world, if the rivalry HAD been still going, they wouldn’t have thought twice about scheduling us and us them, had this happened in a different scenario. But as it is, you’re right…if they don’t want it (AKA Calipari being “they” as I’m sure the boosters as well as the AD and definitely the fans), then oh well. It’s just hard to reconcile since as a kid in the 80’s and 90’s the IU-UK rivalry was the biggest thing going here in southern Indiana. I remember those “Big 4” games well. Now THAT would be an epic replacement for the Crossroads Classic (but Kansas is amazing too).

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

These games right before Christmas break are so dangerous.  Notre Dame is sleep walking and this Texas A&M CC is playing like it’s a tournament game.   Notre Dame down 9 with 11:20 to go in first half 

Thanks, couldn't find any games on.  Have one now.

Turned in just in time to see a pretty big scrum between an ND and CC player.  Probably need to review that one.