Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

From a Bossi article:

“Originally a well-traveled member of the class of 2024 who reclassified to sign early with the Cardinals, the 6-foot-8 small forward -- who also tweeted out Monday that he's a point guard moving forward -- said in his announcement that heading to Australia would better help him achieve his dream of playing in the NBA.”

Payne won’t regret this. 2 things: 1) Met his parents at an event last year while watching Passmore and, while they were nice folks, they were exactly the sort that Woody is avoiding. 2) The Combine Prep coach is a screamer, and the kid is so sensitive that whenever the Coach wanted to bust him he would call over Passmore or Silas Demary and bark at them and they would then go talk to Flowers. Saw it on several streams and thought that couldn’t be the deal and then saw it live. Hardest of hard passes.

So if you and Bossi could figure this out, why the hell couldn't Kenny Payne?

I guess any 'talented port in a storm' applies, but this kind of thing raises serious questions about program leadership; more than wins and losses (though they are directly related).

21 minutes ago, Napleshoosier said:

Guess UofL doesn’t have enough “bag money” to out the Australian leagues. 

The sad part is, they do.

It’s more that quality kids don’t want to be there when there are other viable options, and lower quality kids are inherently unreliable.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

. 2) The Combine Prep coach is a screamer, and the kid is so sensitive that whenever the Coach wanted to bust him he would call over Passmore or Silas Demary and bark at them and they would then go talk to Flowers. Saw it on several streams and thought that couldn’t be the deal and then saw it live. 

Sounds like he wouldn't have done well at the college level and I can't imagine he'll do well as a pro unless he grows some thicker skin quickly. He might be good but I doubt he's good enough that coaches will go out of their way to accommodate his sensitivity. Then there are the fans... 

11 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Big news for Kentucky as they are the first to get the Kobe brand... I think it's a big win. Kids will want that.

The Kentucky Wildcats Will Be NCAA's First "Mamba Program" - Sports Illustrated FanNation Kicks News, Analysis and More

I'm going to need a diet coke

36 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://x.com/wccsports/status/1691479937885036544?s=46&t=DZBAtvEfLDzKsnhCzoFpdg

ESPN + is must have during college basketball.    I still would of watched these games online on the wcc network but this will make it more accessible for others 

That's how we were able to watch most of the Indiana State games last year.

47 minutes ago, Demo said:

I rest my case on Payne not missing this kid. Can you imagine Woody dealing with this? 

Disclaimer:  I haven't watched the video.  But this isn't a good look on Payne at all.  Recruits and their families will see that he isn't even talking to kids trying to reach him.  I know this one is a PIA but still a bad look