Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I just watched the Purdue/UNC game…. No way there are 5 teams better than Purdue. I’m sick over it. They can win it all this year. I don’t see any chance that we stay within 10 points of them in any game. Better at every single position outside of TJD.  Even with him, Trevion Williams is fully capable of holding him at bay. 

18 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

I just watched the Purdue/UNC game…. No way there are 5 teams better than Purdue. I’m sick over it. They can win it all this year. I don’t see any chance that we stay within 10 points of them in any game. Better at every single position outside of TJD.  Even with him, Trevion Williams is fully capable of holding him at bay. 

They may beat us but come tourney time they will Purdue it up 

I can’t disagree. But that’s why we play the games. Painter is on fire lately, even recruiting fairly well. I remember wanting Sasha Stefanovic over Grant Gelon eons ago. He’s blossomed to a better college player than I expected. Can really shoot the rock. Edey at times is unstoppable. Williams as a super sub is silly. Ivey will be a lottery pick.

My hope, is Ivey has the tendency to force and that’s the most likely way they lose. Get Ivey to try to hero ball.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

33 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

The tournament doesn't start for over 3 months. A lot can change in that amount of time. Purdue has an edge over most teams right now because they returned a lot and didn't deal with much roster turnover. 

I do agree that we'll be lucky to stay within single digits of them, even at home. It's just inexcusable that we couldn't beat them last year or the year before. Archie Miller set this program back big time and they took full advantage of it. 

I think Nova and Purdue were the only power 6 schools that didn’t bring in any transfers.    Not a surprise that these teams look so good early on.   Continuity and getting old and staying old might be an advantage early on against teams that have new pieces to fit.   Just my opinion though 

Plus tomorrow will say more about purdue. There good but let's see how they do against nova. Plus I believe iu can beat them at assembly hall the same way they beat us years ago when we were clearly the better team. By wanting it more

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

I’ve watched them a few times and I fully agree. I would pick them on a neutral court against anyone besides Gonzaga.

1 hour ago, Uspshoosier said:

I think Nova and Purdue were the only power 6 schools that didn’t bring in any transfers.    Not a surprise that these teams look so good early on.   Continuity and getting old and staying old might be an advantage early on against teams that have new pieces to fit.   Just my opinion though 

Nailed it 

54 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Plus tomorrow will say more about purdue. There good but let's see how they do against nova. Plus I believe iu can beat them at assembly hall the same way they beat us years ago when we were clearly the better team. By wanting it more

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'd say it has been awhile since they've beaten us at Assembly when we've clearly been better. Problem is, we haven't been clearly better than them very often...

7 hours ago, HoosierX said:

I’ve watched them a few times and I fully agree. I would pick them on a neutral court against anyone besides Gonzaga.

I would pick them over Gonzaga on a neutral floor if they beat 'Nova today.

In the comments he says Cuse is ‘on a more recent tweet,’ so he is considering that loss a Buy game

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'd say it has been awhile since they've beaten us at Assembly when we've clearly been better. Problem is, we haven't been clearly better than them very often...

There is a formula to beating Purdue and that is having bigs that run with purpose a la Cody Zeller or be able to step out and hit the 3 a la Bryant. TJD can do one of those. So in my opinion we need to speed the game up, cause turnovers and run on transition. 

46 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

There is a formula to beating Purdue and that is having bigs that run with purpose a la Cody Zeller or be able to step out and hit the 3 a la Bryant. TJD can do one of those. So in my opinion we need to speed the game up, cause turnovers and run on transition. 

Basically, what Garcia was doing yesterday!

Athletes who can get to the rim and hit shots has been their undoing in the past. When they can’t Big 1.0 their way against opponents they seem to struggle.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

Agree, and then you also need to hope guys like Stewart, Kopp, Phinisee, XJ, etc., get hot and knock down a good percentage of those open transition 3's.