Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, HoosierTrav said:

Purdue is legit. Don’t talk yourself out of it. Best Purdue team I’ve seen in my lifetime. 

Probably to to young but this PU is not close to the Glenn Robinson Purdue teams.  I guess you can say that about most teams today compared to the teams in the 80'd and 90's.

At the half of the UM game they were showing the highlights of the PU game.  One of them said PU is trying to get to their first final 4 since 1980 which is correct.  Where are he announcer made a mistake and said the coach was Keady which is incorrect.

45 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Probably to to young but this PU is not close to the Glenn Robinson Purdue teams.  I guess you can say that about most teams today compared to the teams in the 80'd and 90's.

I'm old enough to remember that team well.  And there aren't any signs those Robinson teams are better than this Purdue team.  Matt Waddell, Brandon Brantley, and Porter Roberts started on that team.  No rotational player was over 6'8".

16 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Miller didn’t leave the cupboard bare on his way out.  Lloyd has  some players 

What's funny is that a good number of those brought to Arizona were paid through LOYD (the business where the bribes came from and would be given the rights to represent the players when they turned pro). 

5 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

B1G still for the most part struggling in these marquee matchups.  Going to cost the league some bids come March 

For sure.

So far this year, only Purdue, IU, MSU, Iowa, NW, and Minny haven’t disappointed. And three of those teams haven’t played a team in the top 200.

Mary, Ill, UM, PSU, OSU, Rut, Neb, and Wisc have looked weak or weaker than expected.