Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

They are, imo. I think UL and UK fans, while really annoying and typically generationally inbred, are good fans. Illinois fans can’t name their starting 5 when they aren’t a top 25 team. 

One of my top 5 favorite things on this board is Hova’s absolute hatred for anything Illinois basketball related. 

They are, imo. I think UL and UK fans, while really annoying and typically generationally inbred, are good fans. Illinois fans can’t name their starting 5 when they aren’t a top 25 team. 

Facts.  I'd like to add another annoying fanbase too.  I don't like much about UK fans, but generally they're knowledgeable about college basketball.  Illinois and Kansas fans know nothing about college basketball outside of their own programs.  

51 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

One of my top 5 favorite things on this board is Hova’s absolute hatred for anything Illinois basketball related. 

Force me to say 2 positive things about Illinois basketball and all I got is:

-Ayo Dosunmu is the only good Illinois guard that I haven’t wished pink eye upon.

-There’s a Hooters reasonably close State Farm Arena.

12 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

-Ayo Dosunmu is the only good Illinois guard that I haven’t wished pink eye upon.

Whattabout the LouDo haircut?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6oo7iKrUjQftc5fCtg5p

Or the fist?

hqdefault.jpg

Here’s the thing, you’re right, no doubt. Henson was 1 of the dirtiest coaches ever and Jimmy Collins was maybe the most brazen bagman in cbb history. And, yeah, their fans are fair weather and suck. But, man, the Flyin’’ Illini may have been the most fun college team to watch I’ve ever seen. Couldn’t root against them. 

56 minutes ago, Demo said:

Here’s the thing, you’re right, no doubt. Henson was 1 of the dirtiest coaches ever and Jimmy Collins was maybe the most brazen bagman in cbb history. And, yeah, their fans are fair weather and suck. But, man, the Flyin’’ Illini may have been the most fun college team to watch I’ve ever seen. Couldn’t root against them. 

An all-time great uniform team. 

55 minutes ago, cybergates said:

This was so strange that he ended up at Marquette. 

The Marquette pictures were no better. Definitely a different kid.

Funny story(at least to me), on the day of the FF Semi Finals in 89, my 2nd cousin who was also my classmate got married. Back then weddings in my town lasted all day, married at 11, reception following and dance that night(good times). The Flying Illini and Michigan played right before the dance started, so a Big screen TV was rolled in to the Hall to watch the game. Of the 500 or so there, only 2 were cheering against the Illini, myself and a guy that didn't watch Sports, but was a contrarian. When Michigan hit the game winning shot, we started cheering. A lot of people were mad at me for awhile. I remember one guy I know well, came up to me and said "I suppose you're happy". My response was "Hell yea, let me buy you a beer." Quite a few people wouldn't talk to me until about halfway through the dance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Statement from Mark Few --

Incredibly misleading statement by Few. He’s missing 2 exhibition games and 1 reg season game, Dixie St. That’s 1 game. And he’s missing no practice time. Disappointed with the statement almost as much as the penalty.

Agreed to being disappointed in the statement. "I understand the severity of my actions" - that's great. "am sorry for the impact this consequence has on our team" - ummm, it's the impact of your decision. It sounds like he's sorry he got caught and not that he did it.

I released my official preseason Top 25 on XSN

25. Tennessee Volunteers

24. Indiana Hoosiers

23. Michigan State Spartans

22. Illinois Fighting Illini

21. Oklahoma State Cowboys

20. Maryland Terrapins

19. Virginia Cavaliers

18. Arkansas Razorbacks

17. Baylor Bears

16. North Carolina Tar Heels

15. Florida State Seminoles