Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

I didn't watch the game, just saw the highlights on BTN after the IU game, but Aaron Henry looks like he is gonna be a baller. 

MSU as a team on the other hand? I know it's early and they likely will settle down, but they sure look like a team that has been reading their press. 

Anyone watching them versus Georgia? 

I didn't watch the game, just saw the highlights on BTN after the IU game, but Aaron Henry looks like he is gonna be a baller. 

MSU as a team on the other hand? I know it's early and they likely will settle down, but they sure look like a team that has been reading their press. 

Anyone watching them versus Georgia? 

Yep. Aaron Henry is going to be excellent. Cassius is what we all hope Rob can mold into. But MSU as a team? I think they’re certainly a top 15 team, probably a 2-3 seed in the tournament, but definitely not a top 3 team in the country, especially without Langford

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

I know some love Bill Walton, but I can’t stand him as a color analyst. Doesn’t add a lot of value

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agreed. Sometimes he's funny, but usually just stream of consciousness. It's a verbal acid trip.  

45 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

I know some love Bill Walton, but I can’t stand him as a color analyst. Doesn’t add a lot of value

Walton’s great! Too many broadcasters take themselves way to seriously and brown nose the hell out of cheating programs and coaches - to try to stay in theirs good graces and not step on toes. They propagate cheating, one and done and the underbelly of college ball by turning a blind eye and lionizing low character kids, coaches and programs.  Walton doesn’t give a f@&;,  just puts on the mic and has fun with it all regardless. 

32 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Izzy taking protege Creany to the woodshed.

Anthony Edwards will likely be a lotto pick and gone after one losing season at Georgia, but he's now down to 35% FG for the season, and cupcake time is almost over.

Pre-season Georgia got more top 25 play than IU. That's just silly.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Anthony Edwards will likely be a lotto pick and gone after one losing season at Georgia, but he's now down to 35% FG for the season, and cupcake time is almost over.

Pre-season Georgia got more top 25 play than IU. That's just silly.

All style no substance. Maybe 10 years ago Crean could have been successful in the SEC not anymore though. 

I sat court side for Tennessee vs. Georgia last year and Tennessee won by almost 50. Now granted Georgia was really bad and UT was really good, but watching Crean and his team up close I am still baffled that he was the coach at Indiana University for 9 seasons. 

Walton’s great! Too many broadcasters take themselves way to seriously and brown nose the hell out of cheating programs and coaches - to try to stay in theirs good graces and not step on toes. They propagate cheating, one and done and the underbelly of college ball by turning a blind eye and lionizing low character kids, coaches and programs.  Walton doesn’t give a f@&;,  just puts on the mic and has fun with it all regardless. 

Kind of ironic based on the fact that he was likely one of the biggest beneficiaries at a notoriously dirty program.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

All style no substance. Maybe 10 years ago Crean could have been successful in the SEC not anymore though. 

1) The cupboard was totally bare

2) Total rebuilds take 4 years

3) One of the youngest teams in the nation...(repeat next year)

Add your own — Go!