Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Doesn’t include private institutions, but IU #1 among primarily basketball schools.

Interesting...well, we've done much better generating revenue over the past few years. I created this report a few years back up until 2019 using data from the Knight Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics. I just haven't got around to updating it - https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/chamccoy/viz/NCAARevenues/Conference-Year. I teach a class where students make Tableau visualizations, and we use these datasets to create a similar report.

Hold your noses and read this. It's a Rupp Rafters post from a guy whose high school varsity bball player son just attended the "John Calipari Overnight Basketball Camp" in Lexington. If this post is true, what a sack of crap message to send to the camp attendees:

We just picked him up from camp and he had a blast. There was decent competition there, however, he didn't get to meet the players until right before he left. They were only doing autographs and pictures if you were lucky enough to make your way to them (we were).

Cal was a no show, other than the extra ten dollars we spent at the move in day to get a pic and autograph. Outside of that, he wasn't part of any activities. He didn't even make an appearance at the end of camp ceremony.

I'm glad my son had fun, but it just seems crazy to me that the actual coach and team weren't involved at all. Especially for a camp called "John Calipari Overnight Camp"...oh well.

The Kentucky guy that is pretty trusted on inside info (Jack Pilgrim) says that grad credits are holding Reeves back from being a grad transfer but and Reeves has told UK he is going to be back but that Cal's calls to both Reeves and his dad are not being answered nor returned.  My guess is Reeves is looking at every possibility of trying to graduate and transfer but going back to UK if he can't.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

The Kentucky guy that is pretty trusted on inside info (Jack Pilgrim) says that grad credits are holding Reeves back from being a grad transfer but and Reeves has told UK he is going to be back but that Cal's calls to both Reeves and his dad are not being answered nor returned.  My guess is Reeves is looking at every possibility of trying to graduate and transfer but going back to UK if he can't.

Michigan peeps act like they have a very solid shot with him. I’d think we would too.  

2 hours ago, TeeterInNJ said:

Why does Reeves want to leave UK after just one year - is that known? 

I guess a year in Lexington will make you want to take off asap. 

He's been in school for 4 years so next year he'll be 22-23 years old. Apparently he doesn't want to babysit a bunch of 18-19 year olds. 

36 minutes ago, Demo said:

Cal really is having the mother of all $hitty off-seasons. Well-earned.

So, he's back down to seven available scholarship players. And he has an international trip on the schedule. If they have to cancel that thing because he can't field a full team that is going to crush recruiting.

It also could foreshadow some of his current players pulling a Shaedon Sharpe and shutting it down with a hangnail to train for the pros.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

By the way - a seven footer with a fractured foot is a serious injury. Wouldn't be surprised to see the kid shut down his college career.

No doubt. Many a big man done in by foot injuries. I am well below 7ft and have struggled for months to get a stress fracture completely healed. Walking boots suck! 

53 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

A little light reading for y'all from the Kensucky fan base. They seem to be taking the fractured foot setback rather well  ;)

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/siap-aaron-bradshaw-fractures-foot.393509/

This is a gem about Cal in that thread: " He's not having a bad off season. He doesn't care about UK."  :92:

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

A little light reading for y'all from the Kensucky fan base. They seem to be taking the fractured foot setback rather well  ;)

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/siap-aaron-bradshaw-fractures-foot.393509/

There's a poster.... UK_Born_an_Bread .....    ???    Bread ? ... Maybe he's a biscuit, or a scone. Either way, seems to have a pretty serious yeast infection.