Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bk4life

Double D laying down a truth bomb right now on 1070!

I like Dakich--he's an IU guy--but just remember he likes to stir to increase his ratings. I agree with a lot of his points but as usual he went overboard in calling out certain players and making it sound like it was not like this in the past.  Those of us on campus in the past know that is bull.  He is right that the players need a wake up call--and stern discipline.  I hope they learn from this or some will need to leave. That simple ---and that's how you get their attention! 

Being a coach has a lot more to it than just being knowledgeable.  There are plenty of coaches who are extremely knowledgeable but they just can't get through to the kids or who can't get the talent needed to compete.  DD is very knowledgeable, he's just an jerk about it sometimes.  I think he would agree with that to a point.

Being a coach has a lot more to it than just being knowledgeable.  There are plenty of coaches who are extremely knowledgeable but they just can't get through to the kids or who can't get the talent needed to compete.  DD is very knowledgeable, he's just an jerk about it sometimes.  I think he would agree with that to a point.

Yeah---you can definitely see his mentor--Knight---showing up in his attitude from time to time.

He gets it honest.

I'm not buying any of this crap that he has some sort of obligation for his media hype and outrage because he went here. A story is a story and it certainly got him listeners. When Barlow and those knuckleheads were getting arrested at Purdue he was all over it. When the Purdue football team was getting arrested every weekend and punching women, he was ALL over it. Yet never once did he call out Hope or Painter like he has Crean. Don't tell me for one second Dakich isn't bitter we didn't offer the job. Never heard a peep about Painter losing his team or having a lack of institutional control. Why the double standard Danny boy?

I'm not buying any of this crap that he has some sort of obligation for his media hype and outrage because he went here. A story is a story and it certainly got him listeners. When Barlow and those knuckleheads were getting arrested at Purdue he was all over it. When the Purdue football team was getting arrested every weekend and punching women, he was ALL over it. Yet never once did he call out Hope or Painter like he has Crean. Don't tell me for one second Dakich isn't bitter we didn't offer the job. Never heard a peep about Painter losing his team or having a lack of institutional control. Why the double standard Danny boy?

Amen to this! There are tons of stories out there of Dakich when he was a player at IU as well. Drinking, partying during the season, nights before games, but he wouldn't admit to that now that he has tore all these players a new one. I have one more reason I hope the team does really well this year….to shut Dakich up!!!

Amen to this! There are tons of stories out there of Dakich when he was a player at IU as well. Drinking, partying during the season, nights before games, but he wouldn't admit to that now that he has tore all these players a new one. I have one more reason I hope the team does really well this year….to shut Dakich up!!!

I don’t know because I wasn’t there. But DD says he was guilty of "binge drinking", but he claims he never did it the night before a game. 

But we all know that Dakich is a radio guy now - and he needs ratings to survive. Probably a lot of that involved here.

The Matt Roth story...the one where a player graduates and isn't asked back. Never been discussed before! Not to mention it was  the 2012-2013 team. No one had a problem until we lost in the Sweet 16. Then everyone got outraged. Funny how winning shuts people up isn't it?

The Matt Roth story...the one where a player graduates and isn't asked back. Never been discussed before! Not to mention it was the 2012-2013 team. No one had a problem until we lost in the Sweet 16. Then everyone got outraged. Funny how winning shuts people up isn't it?

Well yes, making the CORRECT executive decisions. Yes. Roth was a mistake or a misjudge and even Crean would admit it if he were cornered.