Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bk4life

Double D laying down a truth bomb right now on 1070!

When knight was here, didn't some of his players get caught smoking weed at the Alaskan shootout ?

Yes. Jim Roberson, Don Cox, and Tommy Baker were all dismissed. Woodson, Tolbert, Landon Turner, and others.. I think most everyone but Risley, Kitchel, and Wittman were put on probation because they were all involved.

After '76, IU's team turned over quite like the last year in this program. Lost over 10 players from 76-78 IIRC.

At one time I was a fan of double d and tuned into his radio show every day. Dan lost me long ago but I had to tune in today between sales calls because of the situation. I agree with a lot of what he said. This is Indiana not POS U! This BS has got to stop! We should be talking about the upcoming season not Late nite drinking by the players! My first thoughts were kids being kids but hey these are not ordinary kids they are IU basketball players! Going forward there has to be a zero tolerance for this BS, one way or another period.

Yes. Jim Roberson, Don Cox, and Tommy Baker were all dismissed. Woodson, Tolbert, Landon Turner, and others.. I think most everyone but Risley, Kitchel, and Wittman were put on probation because they were all involved.

After '76, IU's team turned over quite like the last year in this program. Lost over 10 players from 76-78 IIRC.

Haha, was that because Wayne "The Rat" Radford told on them?

And evidently Tolbert, Woodson, and Turner broke down crying in their meetings with Knight, and some say thats why they stayed on the team. Well that and they were the three best players

I went to school in Bloomington from 1994-1999 and at that time I heard the guys would head up to Indy on the weekends to party to avoid getting caught in bad situations around Btown and/or having RMK find out about it.  Main point being, sure guys still had a good time while RMK was coach but they were much SMARTER about it.  Just my two cents.

Why do you think so, Hova? And...whaddya got?

You know Dakich will go nuts today. Maybe worse than yestersay. He's been RT'ing the people that are saying to tune into his show for an IUBB rage fest. I'm sure he'll make another splash.

I don't actually think Dakich really cares about the state of the program. I think he loves the ratings and loves that people don't like the coach we took instead of him. He makes a lot of outstanding points, but I don't find any of it genuine.