Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Devin Davis injured/Emmitt Holt cited for DUI

Reading between the lines from multiple IU sites----it sounds like more negative details will be coming out. 

After all the optimism generated by Canada and Hysteria-----this...........sad and disappointing! :(

Continued prayers for DD and Holt and their families.

Post from first time poster at 247 said this. It has since been locked as it is UNSUBSTANTIATED.

Begin 247 post from "mongrel"

I'm a longtime Bloomington resident with a child who, along with some children of parents employed by IU's sports programs, varsity club, and athletic department, attend BHSN. I won't say who, but my kid was told by a couple of his friends whose dads are in positions to know, that Devin Davis was indeed intoxicated and, after being let out of Holt's car, ran the short distance from Memorial Stadium's parking lot and into the path of the car. Holt panicked and fled the scene, but quickly returned before Bloomington Police Officer Jeff Canada arrived. Canada said he did not identify the other occupants of the car. However, there were two passengers, Yogi Ferrell and Troy Williams.

They heard it from their kid's friend's dad who heard it from someone at work? It reminds me of Spaceballs. I am your father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Post from first time poster at 247 said this. It has since been locked as it is UNSUBSTANTIATED.

I'm a longtime Bloomington resident with a child who, along with some children of parents employed by IU's sports programs, varsity club, and athletic department, attend BHSN. I won't say who, but my kid was told by a couple of his friends whose dads are in positions to know, that Devin Davis was indeed intoxicated and, after being let out of Holt's car, ran the short distance from Memorial Stadium's parking lot and into the path of the car. Holt panicked and fled the scene, but quickly returned before Bloomington Police Officer Jeff Canada arrived. Canada said he did not identify the other occupants of the car. However, there were two passengers, Yogi Ferrell and Troy Williams.

Eh, I'm always beyond skeptical of people who the first post they post on a website like this or 247 looks like such trollbait. I can't say one way or another if this is or not, obviously, but man some people get their kicks from crazy stuff like this

Call me crazy, but none of this is surprising, if true. It's in line with assumptions made already. I hope these are the only additional details many seem to he hinting at.

Stay tough DD, Holt and Co...

Since there was a tweet of Robinson, Williams, and Davis in their Halloween costumes, I figured they were together. I suppose Yogi could have been with them. I really doesn't matter. Only Holt was cited for anything. I am surprised the report doesn't list the other occupants in the car. They could be needed for further investigation.

I didn't think the story was over.  I suppose another charge against Davis could be pending. I don't think that is something anyone is really concerned about right now.

"Holt's Jeep Liberty had damage to its passenger side, front fender and windshield"

Damage to the fender would have me suggest that DD might have sustained more than head damage.  It seems likely that the vehicle would have stuck him in the legs (w/ a jeep liberty, then possibly the hip area) and pushed his legs from under him, causing his head to hit the windshield.   If there was noticeable damage on the fender, then I would think that there was some serious damage to his hips or legs as well.  Really terrible all around, and head injuries are the scariest, but it makes me think that he most likely would have suffered some broken bones as well as head trauma in the accident.

I'm just taking a blind guess, but something tells me if the stories are true, some guys may have violated some sort of court parole or rules following previous arrests.

Oh, fuck. I didn't even think about that. Yogi and Robinson are definitely still within their probationary period.

Not sure what happens if they broke parole, but I'm sure it won't be good. I'm not exactly sure why they weren't identified in the report if this is true. I just don't know what to think anymore. Just speculation as of right now

Per pre-trial diversion article:

"According to Miller, both Ferrell and Robinson signed up for the pretrial diversion program last Thursday. They will be required to complete some hours of community service, attend an alcohol education class and avoid further legal trouble for a year. After that, their case will be dismissed."