Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Hovadipo

Why Purdue Should Leave the B1G...According to a PU Site

My favorite part:

Purdue has fewer conference championships across all sports (71) than Penn State, who has been in the conference far less time. We're even two short of the number of total conference championships won by the University of Chicago, which has not competed in the Big Ten in almost 70 years.

This article is gold.

• Purdue only has more all-time Big Ten championships in all sports than the following schools: Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland. That's it. That is the list. Purdue has fewer conference championships across all sports (71) than Penn State, who has been in the conference far less time. We're even two short of the number of total conference championships won by the University of Chicago, which has not competed in the Big Ten in almost 70 years.

Last time I saw this statistic, they still had more than Penn State. LOL

Wow---it's like they're saying  "we suck---we always have sucked---and we always will suck" !

Sad for little brother-----waive the white flag and quit pretending you're IU's equal!

But I don't want them to leave the BIG---I'd miss the rivalry and besides---they're just so much fun to beat!

:biggrin:

If the numbers in that article are correct, they have reason to complain that athletics should be a little more of a priority.

With that being said, if they even try to argue that they're better than us I'm linking them to this article.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

• Purdue has the fewest NCAA Championships of any Big Ten program, save Rutgers, who has been a member of the conference all of two months. They joined to raise their athletic profile. Purdue has been a member for over a century.
  • Purdue only has more all-time Big Ten championships in all sports than the following schools: Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland. That's it. That is the list. Purdue has fewer conference championships across all sports (71) than Penn State, who has been in the conference far less time. We're even two short of the number of total conference championships won by the University of Chicago, which has not competed in the Big Ten in almost 70 years.
  • Purdue has not won an NCAA championship in a men's sport since 1961.
  • Purdue is somehow spending $135,301 per student athlete each season, which trails only Ohio State, Illinois, and Iowa.

I really enjoyed reading this article :biggrin:

The title speaks for itself...http://sbnation.com/e/6632592
Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wow is all I can say. Not living in IN for many years I didn't know how bad things are in West Lafayette. 33,000 for home football games is hard to believe. I hope they get it turned around as my hatred for Purdue died along with their athletic program.

Jeff Washburn @JeffWashburnJC Follow

@yazdog8 I have said it before, Daniels and Board don't care greatly about big-time athletics. Mitch says he won't enter athletic arms race

Purdue not watching monies on Athletics is like Blackberry refusing to enter into the Social Media market with their cell phone technology.  Hey RIM, how'd that work out for you!?  DOH!