Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
coonhounds

Could this season be a good thing?

I think we all knew this could b a tough year but not nearly as bad as it was. If we would have been in 5 or 6 in the big make the tourney but lose first round because we r bad not nearly as many people voice there frustrations and we move to next season. Is it possible crean was getting to comfortable along with the players and now will realize how volatile this fan base is and how bad losing sucks. Could this b the motivation to push them this off season to b better than they might have been otherwise. Feel free to blast me for this but would like to hear your thoughts.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we all knew this could b a tough year but not nearly as bad as it was. If we would have been in 5 or 6 in the big make the tourney but lose first round because we r bad not nearly as many people voice there frustrations and we move to next season. Is it possible crean was getting to comfortable along with the players and now will realize how volatile this fan base is and how bad losing sucks. Could this b the motivation to push them this off season to b better than they might have been otherwise. Feel free to blast me for this but would like to hear your thoughts.

I like the perspective. Sometimes to feel the highest highs you have to go through the lowest lows

I agree with that. I had an awful girlfriend right before i dated my now wife.

With these young guys, i feel this will be a big wake up call for them. In high school and aau, they could get by on athleticism or one key move. They now know what it takes to be successful, and we will see which ones take that to heart this summer.

Sent from my DROID4 using BtownBanners mobile app

Hopefully it could be for coach Crean. I think by being snarky on twitter, he realizes that some are upset about his in game strategy and practices. Hopefully he looks at himself and changes in some aspects to better him self.

I do believe he can still be that great coach at Indiana but sometimes we all need that bump in the road to take a step back and change for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No, i disagree with this line of thought completely. Some of you people on here just dont get-CTC is a horrible coach,  he is in over his head. He obviously is going to fight for his job , after all he earns $3.2 million dollars a year. Wouldnt you want to keep that job. He has ruined this year and I hope he doesnt ruin James Blackmon.

No, i disagree with this line of thought completely. Some of you people on here just dont get-CTC is a horrible coach,  he is in over his head. He obviously is going to fight for his job , after all he earns $3.2 million dollars a year. Wouldnt you want to keep that job. He has ruined this year and I hope he doesnt ruin James Blackmon.

Well, some guy going by "welder332" on a forum says that Crean is "a horrible coach" so it must be true. Everyone just give up and lets fire CTC asap. Welder332 has spoken! You guys just don't get it!

Can you support your claim with some evidence other than plainly stating hes an awful coach? I would think with your opinion you would agree with this line of thought as it "exposes" CTC for the "horrible" coach he is. 

Crean is not without fault and hes far from perfect. A "horrible" coach, he is not. 

I'd like to see anyone on this board coach a major D1 school then talk about how easy it is. Being a head coach at a flagship university in their premier sport is never easy. 

At this point, enjoy March Madness and try to be positive about the future. There are positives to look forward to

[quote name="welder332" post="50467" timestamp="1395350705"]No, i disagree with this line of thought completely. Some of you people on here just dont get-CTC is a horrible coach, he is in over his head. He obviously is going to fight for his job , after all he earns $3.2 million dollars a year. Wouldnt you want to keep that job. He has ruined this year and I hope he doesnt ruin James Blackmon.[/quote]I never said if he was a good or bad coach I asked if this could push the players and coaches to improve more than if it was lets say a average year. I am not sure by what u mean by the money he still gets a buyout if fired that would b easier to take that than to deal with r fans while doing horrible coaching job lol.

Sure, why not? People find motivation from all kinds of different things. Maybe an awful year is what it will take to motivate this bunch. In that respect, it could be a good thing. It's a bit of a reach to assume that it will be, but it's certainly possible. I hope it does motivate them to work harder and improve.

If UK exits the NCAA early, you can bet Kentuckian's will be asking for Calipari's head on a pike; he has taken a lot of heat already for this season's showing. So, those who expect every IU game to be a blowout win so they can exit the game 5 minutes early will continue to vociferously complain. 

(tongue in cheek) Maybe CTC could add a few more footwork and passing drills to practices.

Good thing or not I don't know.  I will say there are constant flaws in Crean's system that haven't improved over the years, and I think that this year was a perfect storm to make those flaws glaringly obvious with nothing to overcome them (shooters, etc).  I'll stop now before I get accused of bashing the team and not being a fan.

Great post. I think the experience of this year will leave Yogi, Troy, Stan, and everyone else with a bad taste in their mouths. I think losing Luke really hurt especially right before Big Ten season started. He had really started showing his ability before he transferred. It sucks not being in the tournament, but no realistic fan saw final four promise in this bunch before the season. With the athleticism this young group shows, with the #1 ranked shooting class coming in next fall we should be really good next season. Looks like the kid from Temple is high on Indiana as well. Good things are headed are way Hoosier fans.

Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app

Yogi

Blackmon

Devin

Troy

Lee (Lets hope)

Hollowell

Stan

Perea 

Robert Johnson

Hopefully Cunningham or Clark

Next year has potential. They're definitely a tournament team IMO based off talent. I'd like to see a sweet 16. I'd consider that a good coaching job with this group. My expectation would be 2nd round exit. 

Lets hope the boys put in the work

Good thing or not I don't know.  I will say there are constant flaws in Crean's system that haven't improved over the years, and I think that this year was a perfect storm to make those flaws glaringly obvious with nothing to overcome them (shooters, etc).  I'll stop now before I get accused of bashing the team and not being a fan.

It must be tough dealing with all the criticism you have to endure on here. I don't know how you can take the constant bashing you receive from all the evil meanies on here. It's non-stop! How can you handle it all? You are truly the victim in this scenario. It's almost like you're Tom Crean or something it's so bad and persistent. I don't know how you deal with it. If I were you I'd go straight to Scout where you'd be loved and revered by all for your opinions! You're too good of a fan to have to deal with all the sunshine pumpers on here. Those guys are just brutal! Brutal I tell you! Brutally relentless meanies constantly bashing and criticizing you for being the best fan on here! 

Is hwy1 vs JS officially a feud? I think it is

We have differences of opinion.  This is the second time you've made a post like this. Why are you trying to start something?

We have differences of opinion.  This is the second time you've made a post like this. Why are you trying to start something?

What other post like this did I make? 

I like your posts hwy but I don't like that you two are always in a pissing contest. He can't make a post about his honest opinion without you satirically lambasting him.