Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Stuhoo

Mike Woodson

My new favorite team is whoever the Knicks are playing. And once Woodson's outta there, make sure Blackmon and Johnson are okay with Woodson (forget Hoetzel), and then fire Crean and get Woodson here soon enough to coach the NIT.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Making the tourney 4 out of 5 years with 3 or 4 SS and maybe a deeper run is barely meeting expectations? I've been around long enough to know what good IU basketball is about and what it looks like. I've also seen this program sellout under pressure and totally crumble. I stopped watching IU basketball when that scumbag was hired. We are now living the mistakes WE made in the past. The biggest mistake we can make right now is to fire another coach and start over.

What coach is coming to IU in the next month or a year from now with these expectations? The only way to do this is to ride out at least another two years and see what happens. I don't see a program changing coach jumping at the position anytime soon.

Sent from my sarcastic iPhone using BrownBanners

It should be 5 out of 5 years, no excuses to miss the tournament at all with a 68 team field.  A Sweet 16 isn't that impressive either, so he had absolutely better have at least one year in those 5 where he did more than that.

Of course, we're talking about things that Crean hasn't done in 15 years so it's probably a moot point.  He's never had any consistency outside of mediocre, we have no reason to think that will suddenly change.

I want stability, but I'm not willing to accept stability at the expense of good coaching and we should refuse to let the program wallow in mediocrity for the sake of stability.

Mike Woodson article generates national buzz; Indiana AD tells http://Peegs.com  it contains "zero truth."

I can believe that the athletic department isn't considering it, and I can believe that Mike Woodson is getting very little or no consideration from fans and boosters. However, "zero truth" would suggest that there are not boosters who are interested in seeing CTC replaced, and I suspect that there are a number who would disagree with that.  

My new favorite team is whoever the Knicks are playing. And once Woodson's outta there, make sure Blackmon and Johnson are okay with Woodson (forget Hoetzel), and then fire Crean and get Woodson here soon enough to coach the NIT.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You want us to fire Crean so we can hire a guy who can't even get to the playoffs in the pathetic Eastern Conference this year........ makes sense. Sorry, Woodson isn't that good of a coach, never has been, he is solid, but not nearly as good as some are making him out to be

[quote name="Stuhoo" post="47491" timestamp="1394819609"]I hope that I have a reputation that I am not a bomb thrower nor a pot-stirrer. When I saw this article from today's New York Daily News, I thought it was from a legit enough source that it would see this board sooner or later anyway, and that it deserved to be discussed:

[url="http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/woodson-land-hoosiers-article-1.1721216"]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/woodson-land-hoosiers-article-1.1721216[/url][/quote]

I don't even know where to begin on what a big mistake this would be.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="47649" timestamp="1394837115"]It should be 5 out of 5 years, no excuses to miss the tournament at all with a 68 team field. A Sweet 16 isn't that impressive either, so he had absolutely better have at least one year in those 5 where he did more than that.

Of course, we're talking about things that Crean hasn't done in 15 years so it's probably a moot point. He's never had any consistency outside of mediocre, we have no reason to think that will suddenly change.

I want stability, but I'm not willing to accept stability at the expense of good coaching and we should refuse to let the program wallow in mediocrity for the sake of stability.[/quote]

We should just keep hiring and firing coaches because they don't get the job done. That seems to have worked out well for us.

Sent from my sarcastic iPhone using BrownBanners

And no, I'm not just screwing around, heard that one at the local BBQ joint a few minutes ago.
[/quote]

"motion filed to discuss keeping Tommy Crean at the helm fellas..."
"all in favor, raise a rib...all opposed, show bbq covered middle finger"

..."and it looks like the nays have it, Jimmy"...

[quote name="iuper2" post="47677" timestamp="1394840959"]Leave Coach Crean alone he is doing as well if not better thsn should be expected

Sent from my GT-P5113 using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

What? You expected struggling years still at this point in his time at IU?

You loose 80% of your offense, the freshman you bring in are injured you do the right thing by allowing them to become completely healthy you beat 2 number 3's 4 top 20 teams in what most think is the toughest conference in the ncaa. Your response fire the coach, I dont think so.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using BtownBanners mobile app

[quote name="iuper2" post="47680" timestamp="1394841381"]You loose 80% of your offense, the freshman you bring in are injured you do the right thing by allowing them to become completely healthy you beat 2 number 3's 4 top 20 teams in what most think is the toughest conference in the ncaa. Your response fire the coach, I dont think so.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

I disagree again the only freshman that was injured in meaningful games was Vonleh and they went 1 and 1 in his absence if I'm correct. No reason why we should have lost to Nebraska northwestern and penn state at home. No reason why he should get out coached as much as he does. Yes they WERE a young team but they made 0 improvement in 32 games. Yes individuals made improvement but the team made none whatsoever.

You loose 80% of your offense, the freshman you bring in are injured you do the right thing by allowing them to become completely healthy you beat 2 number 3's 4 top 20 teams in what most think is the toughest conference in the ncaa. Your response fire the coach, I dont think so.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using BtownBanners mobile app

It's lose, not loose.  We started two McDonald's AAs and had experience at point guard (the most important position on the court), that's more than Michigan had and they won the conference (they had 0 McD's AA and their point is a freshman).  Youth isn't an excuse at this point in the year, and they didn't show any sustained improvement as a team.  Individually yes, not as a team.  Besides, in year 5 we shouldn't be missing the tournament with a 68 team field and there is no excuse for that.  At the end of the day, every problem this team had can be placed on Crean's shoulders.

Crean also managed to lose at home to Penn State, Northwestern AND Nebraska in the same year.  Purdue didn't even pull that one off and they finished last in the conference.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="47694" timestamp="1394842617"]It's lose, not loose. We started two McDonald's AAs and had experience at point guard (the most important position on the court), that's more than Michigan had and they won the conference (they had 0 McD's AA and their point is a freshman). Youth isn't an excuse at this point in the year, and they didn't show any sustained improvement as a team. Individually yes, not as a team. Besides, in year 5 we shouldn't be missing the tournament with a 68 team field and there is no excuse for that. At the end of the day, every problem this team had can be placed on Crean's shoulders.

Crean also managed to lose at home to Penn State, Northwestern AND Nebraska in the same year. Purdue didn't even pull that one off and they finished last in the conference.[/quote]

On top of that argument getting ass blasted by the last place team in the conference on their court

I'm thinking we should go coach Crews for a few years.  When we realize he can't win at a high major we go after coach Woodson.  When we realize he can't take us where we want to go we fire him.  I don't have the third coach picked out yet.  It's kind of dependent on coach Stevens status.  If he isn't available we go after coach Cheaney for a few years until we get coach Stevens.  That will give the program stability.  AD Glass call me for more details.

I'm thinking we should go coach Crews for a few years.  When we realize he can't win at a high major we go after coach Woodson.  When we realize he can't take us where we want to go we fire him.  I don't have the third coach picked out yet.  It's kind of dependent on coach Stevens status.  If he isn't available we go after coach Cheaney for a few years until we get coach Stevens.  That will give the program stability.  AD Glass call me for more details.

........ So instead we should just stick with the same guy even if nothing changes? Mediocrity should never been seen as acceptable, and if nothing changes that is what we are settling for