Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

Hanner Perea arrested

[quote name="Napleshoosier" post="38459" timestamp="1392402090"]I still say the cop should have taken him to Creans. so big ....t if he was driving under the influence. Things can be handled more discrete. Show boating cops...........look you are barking up the wrong tree with me. I have no respect for butt wipe cops that want the spot light....thats CRAP!!![/quote]

You and I generally have the same mindset on topics but we are oil and water on this. It's not like the cop was baiting him. He drank. He drove. He deserves what he gets IMO. Just a cop doing their job. Plus I hate when athletes, celebrities, etc get preferential treatment. That is exactly what's wrong with our society. But I digress. Ultimately you can't blame the cop for the actions of Hanner.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I don't think he could have done this at a worse time. I am so dissapointed in the sense that u just came off one of the most disheartening losses in iu history and r getting ready for the biggest rival and u have nothing better to do with your time? I think it shows a major lack of dedication to this team and may explain his slow development. I am sure Vic and Zelda didn't teach him this behavior but could guess others that did. I wish he would follow leaders and not the losers.<br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I535 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

[quote name="Napleshoosier" post="38459" timestamp="1392402090"]I still say the cop should have taken him to Creans. so big ....t if he was driving under the influence. Things can be handled more discrete. Show boating cops...........look you are barking up the wrong tree with me. I have no respect for butt wipe cops that want the spot light....thats CRAP!!![/quote]
You do realize that people are killed by drunk drivers, right?

Doc, you know him better than any of us. I'm sure he will learn. Its unfortunate, but its never OK.
Why is he out at 3:00 am. He is in season. As the old saying goes, nothing good happens after midnight. Any cop is going to follow a car at 3:00 am with a college kid behind the wheel.

I hope he has learned a lesson & I hope Crean leaves him in Bloomington for the game on Sat. If Crean allows HMP to travel & dress (& worse, play) he is sending the wrong message not only to HMP & team, but the entire fan base.

Mr. Perea needs to be dismissed from the team for the remainder of this season. Otherwise, what is going to keep ALL other athletes from doing the same thing and expecting to get by with it ? Or a different misconduct!
This is not a good example for incoming athletes. We want to remain proud of our school! This might not have happened if everyone had been honest enough to put a stop to it when several of the team were caught drinking, and the staff just shoved it under the rug. Take the responsibility that is on YOUR shoulders. Accept what you signed up to do ! Keep our young ( under 21 ) men safe, and have fun playing on a winning team ! Let's go beat that train tomorrow !!!!!

Crean later...

Our guys are excited and ready to face Purdue. Negativity and doubt can drain your energy and focus. We are focused on getting better. The ability to move on from setbacks, distractions and doubts are what fuel you to get better and improve. Thats where our team sits. Go IU! Our guys are learning that you have no choice but to move on to the next task no matter how your feeling. Resiliency is a skill.