Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) C Thon Maker

Because I'm too lazy to do the research, is there a limitation on in-home visits similar to OV's?

If I recall correctly, I think the limit is reversed. A single coach can only have three in-person visits with a recruit but a recruit can have as many in-person visits as they would like.

If I recall correctly, I think the limit is reversed. A single coach can only have three in-person visits with a recruit but a recruit can have as many in-person visits as they would like.

I think what he's asking is if recruits are only allowed a certain number of in-home visits like they are only allowed 5 official visits.

I think what he's asking is if recruits are only allowed a certain number of in-home visits like they are only allowed 5 official visits.

I know. Didn't I answer that?

A coach can only visit a kid 3 times in his home but a kid can visit with as many coaches as he would like in his home.

So CTC can only visit Thon thrice, but Thon can invite over every single D1 coach if he wants.

I frequent a Notre Dame board on another site (I know, I know), and there's a thread about Thon Maker and his in-home visit with Mike Brey.

About 5 or 6 posts in the thread, and those people are just now finding out who he is.  I suppose they're excited, I can't really tell.

@Martin

It was my mistake I read it wrong.

Actually a coach is only allowed 3 in-person contacts, not just in-home. So if he talks with the recruits parents/guardians at a tournament that counts as one of the in-person contacts.

That's what I meant by in-person visits in my initial post, but I understand that wasn't clear. I phrased it in terms of visits to eliminate the uncertainty in the second post.

But yes, you are definitely correct.

I frequent a Notre Dame board on another site (I know, I know), and there's a thread about Thon Maker and his in-home visit with Mike Brey.

About 5 or 6 posts in the thread, and those people are just now finding out who he is. I suppose they're excited, I can't really tell.

Which Notre Dame site? The Irish are my secret love...

Their site on Rivals.  I'm pretty much the same way, as I'm from South Bend, although I'd be super pissed if they got Thon Maker over us haha.

Seriously, a lot of them are just now seeing his highlights and discovering him on YouTube. 

Their site on Rivals.  I'm pretty much the same way, as I'm from South Bend, although I'd be super pissed if they got Thon Maker over us haha.

Seriously, a lot of them are just now seeing his highlights and discovering him on YouTube. 

And here we are with almost 90 pages and it's looking less and less likely he ends up here.....

I've seen a few things on ND having interest in Thon Maker right now. I don't think there's any legitimacy to it, but I don't have anything to back that up - just a gut feeling. 

Mike Brey is just doing what any good coach should be doing: getting his name out there as a contender for some top prospects. If a program can be continuously "in the mix" for top prospects, then there's the chance that program can start landing some of them. 

End of the day, it's probably either IU or Arizona St. for Thon, and my crystal ball prediction is ASU. He knows the staff well, and it's a place where Thon has the opportunity to cement his own legacy while also staying out of the scope of harsh media critics (both locally and nationally) due to being at a program like Kansas, Kentucky and even IU.