Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

Purdon't picked to win the Big Ten

Media poll is in...

1. Purdue(20)
2. Indiana(7)
3. UCLA(2)
4. Illinois(2)
5. Michigan State(1)
6. Oregon
7. Rutgers
8. Ohio State(1)
9. Michigan
10. Maryland
11. Iowa
T12. Wisconsin
T12. Nebraska
14. USC
15. Washington
16. Northwestern
17. Penn State
18. Minnesota

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Media poll is in...

1. Purdue(20)
2. Indiana(7)
3. UCLA(2)
4. Illinois(2)
5. Michigan State(1)
6. Oregon
7. Rutgers
8. Ohio State(1)
9. Michigan
10. Maryland
11. Iowa
T12. Wisconsin
T12. Nebraska
14. USC
15. Washington
16. Northwestern
17. Penn State
18. Minnesota

There's some really confusing stuff in this media poll.

1. MSU goes 10-10 in conference last year, loses their three best players including their starting guards, adds Frankie Fidler, and is now picked fifth? This is the single biggest head scratcher of the poll.
  2. NW goes 12-8 in conference, also loses their starting guards and is picked 16th. Silliness. And those crazy-@$$, grabby, fouling NW bigs (and Ballo) will have Xavier Booker sobbing in the corner in the fetal position.
  3. Penn State went 9-11 in conference last year, returns five of their top seven including their 1st team all-B1G-er, and is picked 17th. lol

Feels like a lifetime achievement award for Izzo and in some respects Painter, that fails to assess the reality on the court. Especially for Izzo.

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Media poll is in...

1. Purdue(20)
2. Indiana(7)
3. UCLA(2)
4. Illinois(2)
5. Michigan State(1)
6. Oregon
7. Rutgers
8. Ohio State(1)
9. Michigan
10. Maryland
11. Iowa
T12. Wisconsin
T12. Nebraska
14. USC
15. Washington
16. Northwestern
17. Penn State
18. Minnesota

Well to be fair Purdon't does have the best player ever Braden Smith "POTTY"... I added one more T on purpose and think he is overrated.

image.png.0c4aa19a75308af9177e182cf1504fda.png

Heck, ESPN puts Purdue as the top ranked Big Ten team in their 'way too early preseason rankings'.  Have them ranked 16th and project their starting line up to be Braden Smith, Fletcher Loyer, Camden Heide, Kaufman-Renn, and freshman Daniel Jacobsen.  Get real.  Tell me that's a conference champion line-up.

ESPN projects IU's starting lineup to be Rice, Carlyle, Mgbako, Reneau and Ballo....that five double figure scorers from last year.  But let's even take IU out of the equation to remain unbiased.  UCLA returns three double figure scorers and brought two more in.  Rutgers brought in two top five recruits, returns a double figure scorer and brought in another solid scoring option.  Michigan has May and is starting to bring in his style of players.  Illinois lost a lot but just like IU was able to afford to bring in top talent through the portal.

4 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

There's some really confusing stuff in this media poll.

1. MSU goes 10-10 in conference last year, loses their three best players including their starting guards, adds Frankie Fidler, and is now picked fifth? This is the single biggest head scratcher of the poll.
  2. NW goes 12-8 in conference, also loses their starting guards and is picked 16th. Silliness. And those crazy-@$$, grabby, fouling NW bigs (and Ballo) will have Xavier Booker sobbing in the corner in the fetal position.
  3. Penn State went 9-11 in conference last year, returns five of their top seven including their 1st team all-B1G-er, and is picked 17th. lol

I think MSU gained a lot by Hoggard leaving. They'll miss Walker though. Overall though, Big Ten is down so MSU could rise up with Bookers, Akins and Fears. Booker also won't need to play the 5 so that's helpful.

As for Penn State, it seems the media has as much faith in them as you did last summer.

Northwestern will depend on Berry. If it's just Barnhizer, they'll be bad. Though if B1G refs were actually good at their job, they'd lose a lot anyways.

49 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I don’t for a minute think PUke will win the B1G but don’t underestimate Painter as a coach.

Every time I think he can't possibly come up with another diamond in the rough/unicorn/cheat code of a player, he finds one. 

I think Purdue being picked where they are has more to do with Painter than anyone on their roster. 

Purdoo has a lot of excellent supporting players. Just not sure who they will be supporting this year. I'm sure they will be solid, but not buying the conference favorite. I'm afraid Illinois might be good. Underwood seems to know what he's doing. 

12 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

If Purdue finishes ahead of Indiana in the B1G, Woodson better pack his bags.  That would be a disgrace.

Good lord it's not that simple. If Purdoo finishes 17-3 (they won't) and IU finishes 16-4 (also pretty unlikely) and IU makes a Final Four? Woody should and would be celebrated.

What I'm hoping for? Is that either

1. Preferably, we clearly have an extraordinary successful season, or if not
  2. We have a clearly unsatisfactory season and make a change  

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Good lord it's not that simple. If Purdoo finishes 17-3 (they won't) and IU finishes 16-4 (also pretty unlikely) and IU makes a Final Four? Woody should and would be celebrated.

Agreed. 
”Pretty good” is without a doubt the worst possible outcome for the upcoming season.

We really need a home run season or one so bad that it’s obvious, to everyone that matters $$$$, that it is time to move on.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

So a bad season and you're ready for Shrews to bring Haralson with him?

30 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

So a bad season and you're ready for Shrews to bring Haralson with him?

Whenever the time comes IU needs to hire the best they can get, not whoever is next in line. IMO of course. 

If Sherw is the best possible then ok....but that would be pathetic. 

and back to regular scheduling= Purdoo sucks! Insert your own inappropriate caption here: 

PU.png