Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

“There’s a chance Gameday ends up in Bloomington.”

-Mcafee

”Yeah!”

-Herbstreit

Pair that with the comments on Rourke, I think there is a decent chance Gameday comes to B'ton if CCC takes care of business today.

8 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Pair that with the comments on Rourke, I think there is a decent chance Gameday comes to B'ton if CCC takes care of business today.

I’ll believe they skip going to Bama at Tennessee AND Georgia at Texas when I see it. The slate for our best chance is the Washington game imo. 

13 hours ago, Certified Sunshine Pumper said:

Umm. Who? 

So are you seriously suggesting there are no players in the NFL that used the portal to get more playing time, a higher profile etc and it paid off? Very likely DMac lands where he will be the #1 receiver and improve his chances of playing on Sunday.

Jayden Daniels, Jalen Hurts, and Adonai Mitchell with the Colts also used the transfer protocol........also Will Levis used the portal, jury is still out on his future, but I still don't consider any of these guys quitters.

15 minutes ago, RoadRage said:

So are you seriously suggesting there are no players in the NFL that used the portal to get more playing time, a higher profile etc and it paid off? Very likely DMac lands where he will be the #1 receiver and improve his chances of playing on Sunday.

Jayden Daniels, Jalen Hurts, and Adonai Mitchell with the Colts also used the transfer protocol........also Will Levis used the portal, jury is still out on his future, but I still don't consider any of these guys quitters.

Burrows started at OSU and left for LSU

26 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Burrows started at OSU and left for LSU

Technically he did not have to enter the portal because he had already graduated. But, there is nothing wrong with a player taking advantage of the portal if they believe it will help their chances of playing at the next level. 

Didn’t T.A. have an IU player a couple years ago enter transfer portal mid season and still played in games?  
So, is D.M. on or off team?

14 minutes ago, TTT said:

Didn’t T.A. have an IU player a couple years ago enter transfer portal mid season and still played in games?  
So, is D.M. on or off team?

I would assume off the team so that this year won’t count at all in regards to his eligibility.

1 hour ago, RoadRage said:

Technically he did not have to enter the portal because he had already graduated. But, there is nothing wrong with a player taking advantage of the portal if they believe it will help their chances of playing at the next level. 

Platers are free to do whatever they want. But if I’m a coach trying to build a culture, guys who quit on their team mid season aren’t exactly who I’m looking to fill my roster with. The fact he didn’t fit Coach Cig’s culture says a lot, imo. 

14 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Platers are free to do whatever they want. But if I’m a coach trying to build a culture, guys who quit on their team mid season aren’t exactly who I’m looking to fill my roster with. The fact he didn’t fit Coach Cig’s culture says a lot, imo. 

I get it, but it's not like he is leaving the team short-handed and if he played one more game he would lose his eligibility. He also got hurt in the FIU game, maybe he feels he is not 100% right now? I do think it is a shame, this team is on the verge of something special, DMac should be a big part of it!

3 hours ago, RoadRage said:

Wait.. they quit mid year? Lol... nahhh 

Look at you trying to explain away someone quitting on a team. 

Laughable. I'm honestly dead @$$ laughing at you for thinking he can play on Sundays. 

Does the Canadian league play their games on Sundays or something? 

Again, DMC is a quitter... there's no other way to see this one. Sorry you're his dad or something. 

On 8/29/2024 at 10:07 AM, Lebowski said:

My IUFB predictions for 2024

• A winning season
  • Offensive records will be broken
  • Defense will have more than 30 sacks and at least 20 takeaways 
  • Ranked and in the CFP discussion at one point during the season
  • Bowl eligibility earned by November
  • Multiple NFL draft picks

3rd prediction.

6 wins and 0 losses.  

On 10/1/2024 at 2:52 PM, JSHoosier said:

Of note:

McCulley was our sixth most utilized wide receiver, behind Sarratt, Cross, Cooper, Price, and Keshawn Williams.

The week he leaves? EJ Williams steps in and has one ball thrown to him… for a 37 yard catch that led to a score just before halftime.