Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

34 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Kurtis Heisman

That is something that crossed my mind this morning....lol

That is totally not out of the realm of possibility! It reminds me of how much Penix improved his game and stock when he transferred to Washington.

On 9/16/2024 at 2:34 PM, Artie86 said:

That is something that crossed my mind this morning....lol

That is totally not out of the realm of possibility! It reminds me of how much Penix improved his game and stock when he transferred to Washington.

Is this a serious post? Kid is a baller but he won't finish top 10. And winning the Heisman is in fact out of the realm of possibility.

8 hours ago, HoosierX said:

Is this a serious post? Kid is a baller but he won't finish top 10. And winning the Heisman is in fact out of the realm of possibility.

• Payton Thorne +25000
  • Ethan Garbers +25000
  • Haynes King +25000
  • Tahj Brooks +25000
  • Zachariah Branch +25000
  • Phil Mafah +25000
  • Roydell Williams +25000
  • Kurtis Rourke +30000
  • Fernando Mendoza +30000
  • Ty Thompson +30000
  • Reese Poffenbarger +30000
  • Raheim Sanders +30000

15 minutes ago, Rico said:
  • Payton Thorne +25000
  • Ethan Garbers +25000
  • Haynes King +25000
  • Tahj Brooks +25000
  • Zachariah Branch +25000
  • Phil Mafah +25000
  • Roydell Williams +25000
  • Kurtis Rourke +30000
  • Fernando Mendoza +30000
  • Ty Thompson +30000
  • Reese Poffenbarger +30000
  • Raheim Sanders +30000

Well ****, he's already vaulted way past Ethan Garbers!

9 hours ago, HoosierX said:

Thanks Nostradamus!!!..... How could I have made such a stupid, far fetched post? I'll will make sure to p.m. you, exclusively before I attempt another one of these senseless, far fetched posts! 

sms, geesh..... 

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Well sure... until he throws those four touchdowns in our win at Ohio State.

;)

.....the total reason for my previous post about his possible potential season/output. You just never know how things could turn out. He has to have an incredible year as well as IU for that to happen, obviously....IMO. 

11 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

Thanks Nostradamus!!!..... How could I have made such a stupid, far fetched post? I'll will make sure to p.m. you, exclusively before I attempt another one of these senseless, far fetched posts! 

sms, geesh..... 

Thank you! That's all I ask

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Hell of a trip DC. Thanks for sharing. My FOMO was warranted. 

My fear was spending the coin only to witness an at-Iowa debacle (our opener a few years ago in which we were out of the game in the first quarter).  The big win certainly made the game and night in Pasadena a lot more fun as the IU fans were really pumped/joyous. We are a fan base desperate for a good team and I think this is going to be a great year.

On a side note,  If I was the BT commissioner I would declare UCLA and IU natural rivals so I could go back every other year….LOL. Rose Bowl or West Laffy…hmmm.

@DChoosier a great synopsis of your experience. I was there as well. I didn't do the "IU Bar" tent but did tailgate on the golf course. We had UCLA fans on one side of us and fellow IU fans on the other. 

I missed the first drive but was walking through my seat section tunnel when we scored our first TD. My crew were a bunch of California alums and they tend to just take their sweet ars time with things. That was probably the only negative thing about the whole trip. 

I plan on making the trip out there every time IUFB plays in Southern California. Looking forward to experiencing the Coliseum in 2027. I might even do some IUBB games out there as well. 

Pasadena is a great town out there. Next time you go I also recommend South Bay (the Manhattan Beach/Hermosa Beach area). 

15 minutes ago, DChoosier said:

On a side note,  If I was the BT commissioner I would declare UCLA and IU natural rivals so I could go back every other year….LOL. Rose Bowl or West Laffy…hmmm.

Basketball might warrant this. I couldn't tell you how many times I spoke to UCLA fans about hoops out there. 

13 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

@DChoosier 

Pasadena is a great town out there. Next time you go I also recommend South Bay (the Manhattan Beach/Hermosa Beach area). 

It’s funny but we stayed 2 extra days and on Sunday we were at Manhattan Beach and Hermosa all day. As you know they are really nice beaches and beach towns only 20 minutes or so from LAX with each having a little different vibe (Manhattan a little more upscale and Hermosa a bit more laid back). It just so happened that on Sunday there was a large stage on the sand at Hermosa beach with a music festival.  Good time. We checked out Newport Beach/OC on Monday.