Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

How Many IUFB Wins In 2024?

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I count 12 "Ws" in your post; beating Purdump by more than 50 counts extra one would hope. 

Putting you down for 12.

12 wins for IU will definitely be coming this July when I build the program into a dynasty on the new college football video game. 

As an aside - knowing that this is Indiana Football, I thought I was going pretty optimistic with six wins.

But yooooo guys?!!? Hoooeeeeeee!!

As a reminder... this is INDIANA FOOTBALL;, Slogan: "If it can go wrong, it will."

8.5 wins and POTFB.

FIU - W

WIU - W

UCLA - L

Charlotte - W

Maryland - W

Northwestern - W

Nebraska - L

Washington - L

MSU - W

Michigan - W

OSU - L        IU will be ahead at the half.  So this counts as 0.5; it's important.  Sometimes one must just declare victory.

Purdue - W

I will be at the OSU game.  That place is weird.  It's like a cult.  Kind if a melding of Stepford Wives and Tremors. I go just to see if I can get motivated enough to projectile vomit on over 100 from the nosebleed seats. Reminds me of Wisconsin's Camp Randall football stadium...except without the cheese curds and that purple elixir we called the George Foreman Punch.  Up there they tear out the benches and throw them over the back of the stadium. Keggers on rooftops of homes near the stadium.  Nice.  Fans exhibiting CTE. It's like over half of the OSU fans are bottle-bleach blonde U. S. Congress escapees from the beltway Cuckoo's Nest.  Can't wait.

Post regular season, IU gets an invite to the Roman Coliseum.   Turns it down for a bigger venue...Rungrado 1st of May Stadium: Largest Football Stadium in the World. Rungrado 1st of May Stadium, located in Pyongyang, North Korea, is the largest stadium in the world with a staggering capacity of 114,000.

Not really sure about the venue...post season.  Might be an issue about cable rights and referees.

16 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

As an aside - knowing that this is Indiana Football, I thought I was going pretty optimistic with six wins.

As a reminder... this is INDIANA FOOTBALL;, Slogan: "If it can go wrong, it will."

Yeah, you are probably right.  I remember about forever ago, wife and I went to Bowling Green State (Ohio) and watched a 'good' IU football team lose to that MAC team.  The defense did not pursue.  And the line did the matador fast step.  The highlights were the BGSU falcon cheer and the vuvuzuelas.  Our best defensive linebacker was injured IIRC.

Waaaaay back, I remember Lee Corso.  A tip of the ole toupee to him.  He most definitely could ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.  But he would put a positive spin on it.   Whataguy!

However, preseason is about pumping sunshine, right?  If not then...then when?

29 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Yeah, you are probably right.  I remember about forever ago, wife and I went to Bowling Green State (Ohio) and watched a 'good' IU football team lose to that MAC team.  The defense did not pursue.  And the line did the matador fast step.  The highlights were the BGSU falcon cheer and the vuvuzuelas.  Our best defensive linebacker was injured IIRC.

Waaaaay back, I remember Lee Corso.  A tip of the ole toupee to him.  He most definitely could ****** defeat from the jaws of victory.  But he would put a positive spin on it.   Whataguy!

However, preseason is about pumping sunshine, right?  If not then...then when?

IMG_3493.jpeg

19 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

FIFY: INDIANA FOOTBALL;, Slogan: "If it can go wrong, it already did."

I'll go 6 wins. If CC gets 8+? He should be National coach of the year, get a 50% raise and a 40ft tall bronze statue in front of the stadium. Not kidding.

I’ll be rooting for IU to win every game but I think this year will be a learning experience for the staff as to what it takes to win at the big boy level.

5 wins but the foundation will be set for better days ahead 

8.5 wins this year!

For sure! 

Trust me.

895882.jpg       And do not forget to the select bowl game:  Refrigerator Bowl (Evansville IN); Glass Bowl (Toledo OH); Duluth Trading Cure Bowl (Frostbite Falls MN); Galleryfurniture.com Bowl, (Rockytop TN or Cumberland Gap take your pick); MagicJack Bowl, (St. Petersburg Fl I kid you not); Beef O'Brady Bowl, (the powers that be in St. Petersburg once again search for a sponsor and there are others there too numerous to count);   The Boca Raton Wet The Beak Ponzi Scheme Awareness Bowl Presented by Pardon My Take Presented by Barstool Sports...Trust me!