Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

The Basketball Tournament 2024 - Assembly Ball

After of years of waiting, Hoosier fans, you will finally be represented in TBT. Assembly Ball is the latest blue blood alumni team to enter the field for the 11th annual TBT. Led by Juwan Morgan and Troy Williams, the first edition of this squad is going to make some noise in Indianapolis this summer!

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

About time. Who is next?

Yogi

Robert Johnson

JBJ

Maybe get Zeller and Oladipo? Romeo?

JBJ, Romeo, and Yogi would be cool.  Not thinking Zeller/Oladipo are eligible.  

I wouldn't be shocked if they add Xavier Johnson or Devonte tbh.  

Let's add Noah Vonleh.  

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

JBJ, Romeo, and Yogi would be cool.  Not thinking Zeller/Oladipo are eligible.  

I wouldn't be shocked if they add Xavier Johnson or Devonte tbh.  

Let's add Noah Vonleh.  

Is there a rule on NBA guys playing? No way it is in anyways contract considering so many play in the Drew League and whatnot.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I am pretty sure that’s a stipulation from TBT.  

Nothing in the rules stopping an active, signed NBA player from playing. I would say it’s much more likely that you don’t see it because it would be extremely dumb for them to pull a Chet Holmgren in a tournament where they’re playing for a prize equal to a couple game checks. 

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Nothing in the rules stopping an active, signed NBA player from playing. I would say it’s much more likely that you don’t see it because it would be extremely dumb for them to pull a Chet Holmgren in a tournament where they’re playing for a prize equal to a couple game checks. 

The NBA players probably have something in their contracts that keep them from playing in things like this. 

3 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Maybe but look what dudes have been doing in the Drew League and everything. Like stars of the NBA are playing pickup ball in the summer. So I don't see why they wouldn't play in this. At least some guys that aren't big time rotation dudes. I don't expect Kentucky to roll out an All-Star team.

I can’t believe that professional contracts don’t have a stipulation that guys can’t play in events like this. Teams paying out millions should be smart enough to nix exposing players to senseless injury