Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Demo

Luke Goode (6’7” F) to INDIANA

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That did it, didn’t it?  

Not being coy (lol)... that's the first rotation for next year I've heard/thought about that's gotten me actually excited for next season. That rotation - especially assuming Mgbako and the guards take another step forward this offseason - is going to be scary. So balanced. 

3 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

You could mix Trey in with the 2 guards. All 3 can create off the high ball screen and get teams scrambling.

100% and that's not even accounting for Malik in all of this. This roster is going to have a lot of options, rotation and play style wise.

Goode does so much to enhance the roster, including versatility. Let's go

6 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I'll make the same comment here as I did in our latest women's recruit Shay Ciezki's thread.  Nice advantage Luke has is already having experienced B1G basketball and how certain teams play as well as individual players not to mention the godawful officiating.

So your optimism is seasoned with a tiny dash of PTSD.

Sounds tasty.

40 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Our current bench?

Trey Galloway, Luke Goode, Bryson Tucker, and more.

Damn

I’ll believe Gallo is on the bench when I see it — 

but regardless— trying not to say “deep” since that always comes back to bite me —

we now have a much stronger team than last year, and pretty much nailed the Portal

11 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Eric Gordon revisited for Illinois fans? 

I googled him to find his career high. Got a 404 error on the Illinois athletics site. 

Do you think we hurt their feelings?

(His career high was 16 vs Purdue on Jan 5, fyi)

Awesome job by the staff.

It was mentioned earlier that Archie should have recruited Goode all along. Pet peeve for me in that IU has consistently ignored the northern part of the state. Lots of good basketball up here and rarely is IU seriously involved with high level recruits. Common knowledge that Archie assumed Furst was IU bound and stopped recruiting him. Painter, who is active and visible here came in and swept him up.

Maybe Luke’s commitment will be the first step in changing this, but I remain skeptical 

1 hour ago, rcbowla said:

This is better than I could have anticipated for this roster spot. High level player in your 8-10 range

I think he's more like 6-7. And I could easily see him finishing some games. Pretty much an ideal role player, I love this addition.