Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Unexpectedflash

Expectations for the 24-25 Season

8 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I think Carlyle will start and Gallo will come off the bench and at the end of games Carlyle will be in over Gallo because of free throw shooting, IMO

It’s possible- but it would require Woodson to go with underclassmen in the backcourt, and Gallo’s veteran play, including as a playmaker, is a known commodity 

52 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

It’s possible- but it would require Woodson to go with underclassmen in the backcourt, and Gallo’s veteran play, including as a playmaker, is a known commodity 

Yes but his shooting isn’t good from 3 and the free throw line but I can see Woodson playing Rice, Carlyle, and Gallo at the same time.  I can see Woodson totally changing everything that he he’s done up till now just to prove us naysayers wrong!

25 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Trey ain't sitting the bench at the end of close games.  One of Ballo, MR, or MM won't be in.  

I don’t consider myself a Trey hater but I just don’t see it with him. I think he is vastly overrated bc he is from Indiana. Great bench player. But if he can’t shoot over 70% from the FT line next season, then I don’t want him on the floor at the end of the game. There are too many talented players on the roster to have him out there. 

22 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Why would Woodson want to take our 2nd best ball handler off the court in a close game? 

Who says Trey will be our second best ball handler? I know he had some good assists stats last year. But it wasn’t his natural position and the rest of his game suffered mightily bc of it. And at the end of a game you need to score buckets. Rice, Carlyle, Mgbako, Reneau, Ballo, and Goode are all better at actually scoring than Trey. And with Rice and Carlyle there are plenty of ball handling on the court. 

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

I don’t consider myself a Trey hater but I just don’t see it with him. I think he is vastly overrated bc he is from Indiana. Great bench player. But if he can’t shoot over 70% from the FT line next season, then I don’t want him on the floor at the end of the game. There are too many talented players on the roster to have him out there. 

I don't think his FT shooting will be a determining factor if he'll be in at the end of games. I mean, other teams aren't gunna play "hack a Trey"... 

I'll be honest, I think he's the 2nd most important player to have in at the end of games. 

Who says he's our 2nd best ball handler? Carlyle’s A/T ratio and turnover rate say that, imo. Who else could be in the conversation? 

I predict that the puns will not get better.

I predict that the basketball court is the only court that IU players get reported going to this coming season.

I predict that the Big Ten conference will grow larger.

I predict that the Big Ten Network and Peacock will definitely not improve broadcasts and cause a lot of negative posts on this site.

I predict that IU will not beat Wisconsin in SSAH this coming season.

I predict that free throw and three-point scoring and the percentages made will be better this season.

I predict that our guards will have much better all-around performances this season as compared to last year's crop.

I predict that Coach Woodson might refer to getting over the hump and to win they might need to work on 'it'.

I predict that the NCAA Tournament First Four will be in Dayton but IU won't.

I predict that IU will be undefeated in the Final Four of the NCAAT this coming season.

2 hours ago, Feathery said:

Who says Trey will be our second best ball handler? I know he had some good assists stats last year. But it wasn’t his natural position and the rest of his game suffered mightily bc of it. And at the end of a game you need to score buckets. Rice, Carlyle, Mgbako, Reneau, Ballo, and Goode are all better at actually scoring than Trey. And with Rice and Carlyle there are plenty of ball handling on the court. 

At the end of games you need stops just as often/importantly as buckets. Trey has and will continue to be MW's most trusted player. I don't understand why people think that all of a sudden a So is going to come in and just relegate a 5th year Trey to the bench at the most important times. 

20 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

At the end of games you need stops just as often/importantly as buckets. Trey has and will continue to be MW's most trusted player. I don't understand why people think that all of a sudden a So is going to come in and just relegate a 5th year Trey to the bench at the most important times. 

Because the 5th year Trey isn’t as good. Straight up. You want your best team on the floor to close out games. That’s not going to be Trey. He was MW most trusted player in a mediocre team that couldnt make the tournament. This team has a top 20 roster at minimum. I’m not down on Trey, he is who he is. Glad to have him. The other guys are just more talented. 

16 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Because the 5th year Trey isn’t as good. Straight up. You want your best team on the floor to close out games. That’s not going to be Trey. He was MW most trusted player in a mediocre team that couldnt make the tournament. This team has a top 20 roster at minimum. I’m not down on Trey, he is who he is. Glad to have him. The other guys are just more talented. 

I mean, if you look at the metrics from last year then Trey is better than Carlyle by a lot. So we’re hoping on potential here more than Carlyle objectively being better than Trey at this point in his career.

I still think our best lineup will be Rice, Carlyle, Gallo, Mgbako, Ballo. Best combination of offense and defense we can put on the court at once with skill sets that compliment each other.

15 minutes ago, Juwan Moye said:

I mean, if you look at the metrics from last year then Trey is better than Carlyle by a lot. So we’re hoping on potential here more than Carlyle objectively being better than Trey at this point in his career.

I still think our best lineup will be Rice, Carlyle, Gallo, Mgbako, Ballo. Best combination of offense and defense we can put on the court at once with skill sets that compliment each other.

Where I am as well at this point. Trey facilitates a lot like a point (not saying he’s a pg he’s not but he facilitates well regardless), with Rice and Gallo the ball will move and Bako will be shooting more, Ballo will dominate inside, and Gallo’s D is equally important. I want more outside shooting and am looking forward to what Carlyle will bring, but Gallo’s experience and ability to felicitate and get at it on D should make that a strong lineup

1 hour ago, Feathery said:

I think the misunderstanding here is you are looking at it from a perspective of what YOU would do. I'm looking at it from what I expect MW to do. I'm not really disagreeing with your point.