Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

6 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Scholarship limits are a thing of the past. Michigan football had an extra 20ish players not on scholarship last year, that were given NIL to cover the costs. Purdue could do this for one basketball player if needed. 

They could, but they don't have have Michigan football money and literally have a guy like Waddell who has only played mop up minutes for the past two years.

Just now, HoosierHoopster said:

I don't see how we could land a player with those kind of minutes and production for the limited roles we appear to have left to offer. Maybe money will be enough, assuming we still have a lot after the guys already acquired, but Goode seems a reach at this point to me.

I agree. I don't see how a kid like him looks at our 6 scholarship guards, out MCDAA freshman wing and our MCDAA combo forward and sees an obvious path to sustained rotation minutes. They may be there and that may not be there at all. I imagine they'll be able to fill the backup 4-5 fairly easily because they can sell that as 20 minute rotational role, though barring injury I doubt that's how that will actually go, but for a wing shooter that's gonna be tough.

7 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I don't see how we could land a player with those kind of minutes and production for the limited roles we appear to have left to offer. Maybe money will be enough, assuming we still have a lot after the guys already acquired, but Goode seems a reach at this point to me.

Looks like he'd be 8th in the rotation, to me, but maybe 7th depending on Tucker's ability to adapt to the D1 level. 

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

They could, but they don't have have Michigan football money and literally have a guy like Waddell who has only played mop up minutes for the past two years.

Get an instate kid and they have plenty of money to cover a kids tuition and fees

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Goode is more 3/4 than he is 2/3. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Goode is more 3/4 than he is 2/3. 

strongly disagree.  He's a 3 with some 2 tendencies.  He's 6'5'', 6'6''.  He wouldn't be playing 4 at Indiana.  

I'm not sure we will get him but the staff wanted a shooter and he is definitely that.  Seems they still want a stretch 4 and and a back up 5.  

Some accounts saying it won't be Indiana but the timing his hard to ignore.  

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

strongly disagree.  He's a 3 with some 2 tendencies.  He's 6'5'', 6'6''.  He wouldn't be playing 4 at Indiana.  

I'm not sure we will get him but the staff wanted a shooter and he is definitely that.  Seems they still want a stretch 4 and and a back up 5.  

ESPN says 6’7 FWIW

31 minutes ago, btownqb said:

zip your dirty little mouth!!! 

honestly... we could take both of them and be friggin set. 

That is true.  Last I heard, we had pre-med programs!

I say back the Brinks truck up for both and let them go in and take as much cash out for each other as possible, every man for themselves!

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

He played the 4 some, at ILL. The way our roster make-up is currently, he could for sure play some 4. 

I don't see any 2 in his game, at all. 

2 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

So you're telling me there's a chance?

Did IU recruit him out of high school? Believe it would have been towards then end of Archie. 

Edit: Would love to have him here. Hope we get him. Just find it hard to believe he would leave for 15 minutes a game. I feel his role at Illinois would be bigger. 

10 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Did IU recruit him out of high school? Believe it would have been towards then end of Archie. 

Edit: Would love to have him here. Hope we get him. Just find it hard to believe he would leave for 15 minutes a game. I feel his role at Illinois would be bigger. 

one year left, continue the family tradition of attending IU, earning more money and playing at "home" sounds appealing