Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

41 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I mean he can ask for more but with what we had plus what the Simon and Cook family has chipped in this year we have 6 million in NIL.

I had just heard he had access to “at least” $6m. Basically we refuse to be outbid if we really want someone.

34 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Between Edey leaving, new schools joining, and all the transfer portal turnover (especially with the Pac 12 being raided more or less) I am hopeful we see the start of a new play style trend in the B10. Conference will certainly look very different next year. 

I don't think that will be the case unless there's an overhaul of B10 officiating.

35 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Between Edey leaving, new schools joining, and all the transfer portal turnover (especially with the Pac 12 being raided more or less) I am hopeful we see the start of a new play style trend in the B10. Conference will certainly look very different next year. 

Somebody mentioned this in another thread. I hope you're right.

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Hickman to Cincy. You simply cannot let recruits leave without committing and think you have a chance, Conwell visit watch?

Gotta mean you put more $ in the Conwell kitty, right?

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

How do you know he has not committed yet?  May not have but very easily could have and the staff is waiting for him to make if official.

I know he hasn’t committed yet by a lack of an announcement by either Inside The Hall, The Daily Hoosier, X. the Arizona Tribune or any freaking other type of media. Nobody knows what’s going on behind closed doors, not even Chris.  It’s just my gut feeling and uneasiness that makes me think if there is no official announcement before he leaves and he still goes to NC for a visit, we could lose him or he could use it as a bidding war, IMO

That’s a tough one.  Local kid voluntarily goes to Cincy over IU when the staff wanted him.   It was said early  him and his family didn’t like the offense at IU and it looks like those concerns were still there even after meeting the coaching staff.   Tough one but the portal will have more options that staff can hopefully find another shooter 

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Kidnapping still illegal in most states.  Can’t keep them against their will.

Didnt say to do that? I’m was getting at they more than likely wont be committing to your school is they make it off campus without committing. 

16 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Hickman to Cincy. You simply cannot let recruits leave without committing and think you have a chance, Conwell visit watch?

Exactly my uneasiness about Ballo.  Still don’t have a knock down shooter committed 

1 minute ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Didnt say to do that? I’m was getting at they more than likely wont be committing to your school is they make it off campus without committing. 

It was a joke.  I’m just saying it sounds like IU offered as much $ as they could could but can’t really promise playing time guarantees that aren’t necessarily there.

1 hour ago, Home Jersey said:

I doubt it but the B10 definitely does need to change their rugged style of play.