Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Joe Tipton -

South Dakota State transfer guard Zeke Mayo tells @On3sports he's currently focusing on four schools: Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, and Creighton

Shocking. Another guard thoroughly uninterested in IU’s interest.

8 minutes ago, JF87 said:

On the other transfer thread, it was posted that Tyme (NGW) said that the 7-footer Wolf from Yale was going transfer to IU.  Evidently, we are currently not listed in his list of schools.  

I would love to know if they actually have connections to the staff such that the staff felt Wolf was one they expected or was this just Tyme’s idea.  If the staff targeted him but did not make the short list it is not a good sign.  

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Joe Tipton -

South Dakota State transfer guard Zeke Mayo tells @On3sports he's currently focusing on four schools: Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, and Creighton

38 minutes ago, hoosierhoo said:

Shocking. Another guard thoroughly uninterested in IU’s interest.

36 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Apparently Woodson's reputation precedes him.

33 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

He is from Lawerence 

Lawrence North?!!?

F’n Woodson can’t even pull an Indy kid!!

(*checks player hometown)

ummmmm… never mind

16 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

One school is upset about going 10-10 in the Big Ten and the other didn't win a single game in the SEC.  There is a difference.

Since the 2015-2016 B1G champ year, we've had one season where we've finished over .500 in conference. 

I'd imagine the other school is also upset about going 0-18.

Sure we are upset about .500 in conference but most seasons after the Zeller years, .500 would be an improvement. 

We are not a winning program right now. 

5 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Blackmon against:

• UNLV (NIT team):  7/20 overall, 2/10 threes, 18 pts
  • Houston (NCAA team):  4/13 overall, 3/7 threes, 11 pts
  • UCF (NIT team):  7/13 overall. 6/9 threes, 26 pts
  • Cincinnati (NIT team):  10/22 overall, 5/12 threes, 32 pts
  • Appalachian State (NIT team):  3/11 overall, 1/7 threes, 10 pts
  • Appalachian State (NIT team) 12/22 overall, 5/9 threes, 43 pts
  • U Conn (NCAA team):  4/17 overall, 1/9 threes, 14 pts

Overall:  47/128 (37%) overall, 23/63 threes (37%), 154 pts (22 ppg)

So he had two good games against 11th and 12th place teams in the Big 12.  Not going to count Appalachian State.  My bad.  Still doesnt belong at this level.  This is like Evan Gordon coming to play for Indiana.  Horrible decision and unlike Evan he cant guard a chair.  Just like his brother.  Dumb and doesn’t put in the work.   

1 hour ago, JF87 said:

On the other transfer thread, it was posted that Tyme (NGW) said that the 7-footer Wolf from Yale was going transfer to IU.  Evidently, we are currently not listed in his list of schools.  

It's a plot he and Woodson came came up with to surprise the non-true fans when he commits to IU. Remember, Woodson is playing 5D chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

Tyme/NGW doesn't know any more than when he was on this site. Last year he called multiple players to IU based on social media likes. Most of those calls were wrong.

6 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

So he had two good games against 11th and 12th place teams in the Big 12.  Not going to count Appalachian State.  My bad.  Still doesnt belong at this level.  This is like Evan Gordon coming to play for Indiana.  Horrible decision and unlike Evan he cant guard a chair.  Just like his brother.  Dumb and doesn’t put in the work.   

So you aren't going to count Appalachian State even though they fit the criteria of your statement?  That was a good Appalachian State team to boot......they won the regular season Sun Belt conference and swept a James Madison team who were 32-4 and beat Michigan State on the road and Wisconsin in the opening round of the NCAA tournament.  Just seems like you are throwing them out because they didn't back the narrative you stated.

Even just focusing on the games he played against P5 competition (UCF, Cincy, Houston, U Conn) he shot 25 of 65 (39%) and 15 of 37 (41%) from three and averaged 20.8 points in those games.  Seems to me you only want to focus on the Houston and U Conn games which -- in a totally unshocking development -- he didn't shoot well against teams ranked 2nd and 6th defensively in games where his team was extremely mismatched.

I'm not even saying I want Blackmon, just saying your take on his numbers isn't accurate.

35 minutes ago, IUGRAD06 said:

Blackmon wouldn’t be part of my preferred roster construction, but a couple of points really need to be addressed here: 1) If you don’t think Jalen Blackmon isn’t a better player than Evan Gordon I would question if you know what you’re watching. 2) If you’re going to insult the kid by calling him dumb and lazy, I think you really need to support that with very specific examples of behavior that you have witnessed to reach that conclusion. Because in my experience with D-1 athletes, some are smarter than others and some work harder than others, but the percentage of those kids who don’t work miles harder at their craft than the population in general is infinitesimal. 

21 minutes ago, Demo said:

Blackmon wouldn’t be part of my preferred roster construction, but a couple of points really need to be addressed here: 1) If you don’t think Jalen Blackmon isn’t a better player than Evan Gordon I would question if you know what you’re watching. 2) If you’re going to insult the kid by calling him dumb and lazy, I think you really need to support that with very specific examples of behavior that you have witnessed to reach that conclusion. Because in my experience with D-1 athletes, some are smarter than others and some work harder than others, but the percentage of those kids who don’t work miles harder at their craft than the population in general is infinitesimal. 

Doesn’t put in the work is on D.  He doesn’t.  May be worse than his brother which is saying something.