Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2023-2024 MBB Big Ten Tournament

4 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

This will probably sound dumb but I swear the B10 is noticeably worse at shotmaking than other conferences. 

Our games are sooo ugly. Officiating/fouls are part of it. But as a conference, this year anyway, it's total wanker ball. 

Not overly happy with the merger next year, but my 1 hope is that with the new teams, we get a change of style of play and officiating. I know it is a slim chance but one could hope, right?

Just now, reconmkd said:

Not overly happy with the merger next year, but my 1 hope is that with the new teams, we get a change of style of play and officiating. I know it is a slim chance but one could hope, right?

Interesting thought - would make a lot of sense. Maybe not immediately but you'd think by year 2 it would definitely influence things... Let's hope! 

2 minutes ago, RoadRage said:

Hard to dislike Edey off the court, easy to dislike him on the court!

Agree, and that kid has made himself into such a great college player. Brutal to ref. That size and leverage combined with being a little bit cheap. But he also takes a beating.

8 minutes ago, RoadRage said:

Hard to dislike Edey off the court, easy to dislike him on the court!

Most of my relatives are Toiletmakers -- and a couple have been to a handful of games this and in previous seasons. 

They've all said that Edey always stays behind after home games to make sure every autograph is signed and every selfie taken. Like you said -- good kid, but hard to root for on the court! 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

Most of my relatives are Toiletmakers -- and a couple have been to a handful of games this and in previous seasons. 

They've all said that Edey always stays behind after home games to make sure every autograph is signed and every selfie taken. Like you said -- good kid, but hard to root for on the court! 

Maybe I’m mellowing in my old age but the kid is a class act

Maybe I’m mellowing in my old age but the kid is a class act

He’s incredible in every sense.

He’s a tough teammate on the court. Protects, sticks up for his teammates. He’s a gentle giant off the court. He’s virtually unstoppable. Hits clutch free throws. Doesn’t get tired or injured.

Anyway, glad he’s gone next year.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

5 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

Loyer getting snippy with the MSU bench ... 

Hermey the Elf Awarded DDG by American Dental Association President

As a night shifter I was asleep during the game, but I just saw the clip of Loyer giving the "shhh" after his corner three and immediately started cracking up followed directly by coming here for posts like this lol