Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Penn State - Saturday, 02.24.24 @ Noon on BTN

12 minutes ago, Adillac said:

We trailed the whole game and it never felt like we were going to win. Against Penn St with a first year coach. 

Fire Mike Woodson. Please. 

And a roster that was put together after we decided to sit on our scholarship.

2 minutes ago, cbp4iu said:

Do you think Cj Gunn chuckles when he hits at the buzzer like that like every 3rd game?

As he says to himself, "of course that one would go in!"

How can we not pass a ball to a shooter that hits them in the shooting pocket? Every pass is off target and I mean EVERY pass is off. I know we have a major issue at the guard spot, but how can we not make a simple pass!

Lord have mercy, I'm not sure I want to go to the Mich St game even though I have never been to a senior night! 

How are we this bad at basics, how do we not run set plays for our actual shooters, why do we look lost on half of our possessions? This is rhetorical...but it has not just been under this coaching regime. Honestly, I am over ready for the Covid players to be gone. No more 5th, 6th, or 7th year players w/o some sort of redshirt, please it is time to move on and get on with life!

If we have to settle for Woody returning next year, try like hell to keep MM, Ware, and MR, Cupps and Newton as well; then go to the portal and throw big bags of NIL money at 2 PGs and any proven shooters, while saying look at our post players come fix us, you will start! We are and have been a team of role players with a splash of talent for years, and this year again asking role players to be stars. In addition, shake up the coaching staff, S&C coach and at least one assistant need to go. Bring in an assistant that knows offense and a non-football S&C coach. 

We finished 2 of 15 from three.  Terrible.  A very large part is on the players.  When you're open, you need to knock them down.  The other part is scheme.  When the three is an afterthought in the offense, it's hard shoot them with rhythm and confidence.