Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Iowa - Thursday, 02.22.24 @ 8:00 on Peacock

Clark has piss poor sportsmanship.
Unfortunately that's a trait of alot of great players. She is a champion and don't hate the fact she don't take losing well. Every team wants someone like that imo.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Congratulations to IU LADIES, T. Moren and the coaching staff.  T. Moren working hard in preparation and on the sidelines.

Reminded me of the old Bob Knight coaching days when IU would come back with vengeance.

IU Ladies win in spite of C. Clark getting 4 or 5 specific favorable calls that went Iowa’s way that were very big obviously that should have been against her and gone IU Ladies way.

The IU Assembly Hall Gym was a beautiful thing including the white out and uniforms.

Assuming we don't choke in our Friday BTT game, we're probably getting a rubber match with Iowa on Saturday. I'd love to win that one, but with the game in Minnesota it's probably going to be like an Iowa home game. 

Conference games left:

Indiana:  at Northwestern, Maryland.  Northwestern 3-12 in conference, Maryland 8-7.

Ohio State:  Maryland, Wisconsin, at Iowa.  Maryland 8-7 in conference, Wisconsin 6-9, Iowa 12-3

Iowa:  Illinois, at Minnesota, Ohio State.  Illinois 7-8, Minnesota 5-10, Ohio State 13-1.

---------------------------------------------------------

If IU, Illinois, and Ohio State win out up until the Iowa/Ohio State matchup and Iowa wins, IU will be the three seed in the BTT.   

10 minutes ago, colonel06 said:

Demeanor, chronic complainer to refs over and beyond usual and customary.

Didn’t want to play last couple minutes when we were 15 ahead-took her self out.

Adamant antagonizing our bench , etc., etc.

Don't see the 'took herself out'.  They were down 15 and coach pulled her.  That's the right move, no need to risk injury in that situation.

8 hours ago, colonel06 said:

Clark has piss poor sportsmanship.

Unlike last year, at least when Clark got her @$$ kicked by IU this year she didn’t deliberately poke Chloe in the eyes.

I just watched a basketball TEAM beat the dogsh!t out of a ball hog whining prima donna. Who took terrible shots and has a crap attitude.

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Unlike last year, at least when Clark got her @$$ kicked by IU this year she didn’t deliberately poke Chloe in the eyes.

I just watched a basketball TEAM beat the dogsh!t out of a ball hog whining prima donna. Who took terrible shots and has a crap attitude.

That was SOOOOO MUCH FUN!!!!!  So good to have that feeling in Assembly Hall again and an enjoyable drive home.  The Purdue game was fun too but this one was special.  Looking forward to NCAA first round games in Bloomington again - just had to have this one to put that back on the table after Monday's disappointing loss.

Go Hoosiers!!!!!!

HUGE win but now have to guard against a letdown on the road at (8-18) (3-12) Northwestern next Tuesday and the regular season finale at home vs Maryland (16-10) (8-7) on Mach 3.  Not a time to stub our toe.  Syd's return is a tremendous help for us to have Lexi available as first off the bench and not a freshman.

9 hours ago, TheWatShot said:

I figured it was going to take a B-/C+ type of game from her for us to win, but I'll gladly take a C- instead. 

I credit IU's crafty defense and a raucous AH on her sub par performance. 

9 hours ago, coonhounds said:

At less we have one well coached basketball squad. Way to bounce back! I thought defense was pretty stout and we worked it inside at opportune times and knocked down the perimeter shots when available!

The women's passing is swift and sharp with constant switching and movements. It's really a thing of beauty.

9 hours ago, coonhounds said:

Unfortunately that's a trait of alot of great players. She is a champion and don't hate the fact she don't take losing well. Every team wants someone like that imo.

....did you see M. Holmes aggressive high five to the Illinois coach after the loss? She literally blazed by the coach, pushing her hand back so much that she turned around to look back at her, surprised.