Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB vs Iowa - Thursday, 02.22.24 @ 8:00 on Peacock

Saw a post in X this morning from an Iowa fan comparing Mack to Grayson Allen in response to a clip of the tie up with Mack and Clark with the ball under Mack's butt, asking if the refs were just going to let that go and the Mack kicked Clark on purpose.

18 minutes ago, reconmkd said:

Saw a post in X this morning from an Iowa fan comparing Mack to Grayson Allen in response to a clip of the tie up with Mack and Clark with the ball under Mack's butt, asking if the refs were just going to let that go and the Mack kicked Clark on purpose.

Seen that few times on X.  Funny how they never show the whole play.  Dang internet can be so misleading. 

5 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You guys can bust on Goodman all you want, but he clearly loves IU; especially our women's team.

Here he is post-game interviewing his, as he says it "favorite player in the country." Great stuff from papa Goodman and Talia:

https://x.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1760877126075502593?s=20

I don't think I've ever seen Goodman standing -- not that I'd have any reason or desire to -- but Mack is 6-3 and he's a bit taller, so he's gotta be 6-4 or 6-5. 

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

You guys can bust on Goodman all you want, but he clearly loves IU; especially our women's team.

Here he is post-game interviewing his, as he says it "favorite player in the country." Great stuff from papa Goodman and Talia:

https://x.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1760877126075502593?s=20

Its just his Miller love precedes any IU love. I've had that feeling too but the Miller love was confined to 12 oz. containers.

1 minute ago, LIHoosier said:

Dammit! The patented elbow to the chops didn't work.

Caitlin's elbow gets fouled by a defender's ribs and chin frequently.

Last year at IU, Caitlin was sure her fingers were fouled by Chloe's eyeballs.

30 minutes ago, mamasa said:

If you are up for a roller coaster of moronic posting (some are legit, but damn, there's a lot of stupidity), check out the Iowa forum for the game:

iowa-w-vs-indiana-game-thread.437957

Yeah - they think that THEY got jobbed and that Clark was mistreated. She was flopping, whining, pushing off with a couple pushes in the back all night.

But, have to give her credit for her post game press conference comments. I was surprised at her respectful demeanor.

Just as I predicted. A true home game with a top flight atmosphere that was almost all IU fans. That was a different experience for Clark and Iowa on road this year not having half the sold out crowd and what was essentially a neutral environment in someone else's gym. Credit to the Indiana fans for that and I think it threw the Hawkeyes off their game to face such a hostile environment.

Also, Clark was far more gracious in defeat tonight in postgame presser I watched compared to last year so full credit for that. Part three very likely coming in Minneapolis on Saturday of Big Ten Tourney assuming neither slips up Friday. As expected, bracketology projects Indiana to host again and win basically cancelled out Illini loss in metrics.

Really fun game and first time team looked like they could potentially make a deep March run. 

48 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This is what should have happened in Iowa City but Iowa's supporting cast shot the best they had all year. 

I think we are the better team, just limit CC somewhat. 

Last night is exactly what we expected out of this team from the start.  Hard-nosed tough defense regardless of the score.  Keep it going and we will go far.

59 minutes ago, Demo said:

It doesn’t matter the picture, Garzon always looks like she is about to straight take someone’s soul.

Oh, the pictures matter!

1) Let's begin with Clark showing Garzon her obligatory "how dare you foul me" pose:

image.png

2) Next? Yarden Garzon when she's just about had enough. Caitlin Clark almost got sledgehammer punched in the neck during this dead ball.

image.png

3) Finally, here is Yarden releasing a single 4th quarter shot that would produce more points than Clark had in the fourth quarter:

image.png

In summary? Note to NIL queen, big-ego American athlete. Don't f with the young lady whose entire peer group is back in her home country fighting Hamas in tunnels.

5 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

But, have to give her credit for her post game press conference comments. I was surprised at her respectful demeanor.

I suspect a lot of us will feel a whole lot differently about her if/when she's playing for the Fever this summer.  I, for one, am a fan.  Feistiness is a great asset (as evidenced by the Hoosiers last night)!