Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

17 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

So the locker room ended up being fine, we kept all the valuable players and have performed remarkably well in the portal. Been a tough offseason for a few regulars in this thread.

Nah…Woody is undefeated in the offseason. We like that about him. 

35 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

So the locker room ended up being fine, we kept all the valuable players and have performed remarkably well in the portal. Been a tough offseason for a few regulars in this thread.

Now get over that hump and translate it to wins on the court.  :) 

I think most will wait to see them on the court before victory is declared but he should not be going 10-10 in the big ten with he group he will have. That would be a massive underachivement.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I think most will wait to see them on the court before victory is declared but he should not be going 10-10 in the big ten with he group he will have. That would be a massive underachivement. 

Expect nothing less.

47 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

The only tough offseason has been the fact Woodson is coaching these players putting a damper on the enthusiasm about landing them.

We all want to win, most of those in this thread don't think Woodson gives us the best chance to do that.  However, since some of his backers enjoy crowing about how awesome we are doing (once again) in the offseason, be prepared for some pretty harsh blowback if the wins don't match the expectations the roster should be setting.

11 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

Anything less than 12-8 is a failure.  Frankly I think it should be higher than that with the amount of money he was gifted to save his @$$ this Spring, but anything less than that or a seed in the tournament higher than 6 should be viewed as a failure.

58 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

We’re running out of room in Assembly Hall for all these offseason banners. Is it 8 straight titles at this point?

The only tough offseason has been the fact Woodson is coaching these players putting a damper on the enthusiasm about landing them.
We all want to win, most of those in this thread don't think Woodson gives us the best chance to do that.  However, since some of his backers enjoy crowing about how awesome we are doing (once again) in the offseason, be prepared for some pretty harsh blowback if the wins don't match the expectations the roster should be setting.
I bought the hype big time before tjd's last season and we went like 22-13 with a 2nd round blowout. Even the hype last summer was pretty high. After three years I will wait and see what they can do on the court before expecting deep tourney runs, etc.

6 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Just take down the others, since actually winning something doesn't matter to IU.

Really the offseason further supports those who wanted Woodson gone. Imagine these NIL resources with a coach who actually knows what he’s doing (and wants to actually do the job, not just have the job title). Can’t give great ingredients to a mediocre at best chef and expect him to cook a world class meal. But our donors apparently only want to give the money if Woodson’s the coach, so we’re stuck with him. I anticipate he’ll do just enough to keep his job (given IU’s astronomically low standards), and we’ll be right back here next April in the purgatory that is iubb fandom. 

Anything less than 12-8 is a failure.  Frankly I think it should be higher than that with the amount of money he was gifted to save his @$$ this Spring, but anything less than that or a seed in the tournament higher than 6 should be viewed as a failure.
I was going to say 14 wins but I figured would be called unrealistic

8 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Really the offseason further supports those who wanted Woodson gone. Imagine these NIL resources with a coach who actually knows what he’s doing (and wants to actually do the job, not just have the job title). Can’t give great ingredients to a mediocre at best chef and expect him to cook a world class meal. But our donors apparently only want to give the money if Woodson’s the coach, so we’re stuck with him. I anticipate he’ll do just enough to keep his job (given IU’s astronomically low standards), and we’ll be right back here next April in the purgatory that is iubb fandom. 

Yep. Like I've said, imagine a good coach having this support instead of just trying to buy a team that not even Woodson can screw up.

I wanted Crean gone and the last two hires make him look good.

2 hours ago, str8baller said:

That’s an Indiana problem. As has been pointed out by other posters, most schools aren’t doing this and the ones that are typically aren’t successful.  

Of the final four teams only nc state really pieced it all together in one year and they barely made it on a miracle run. Uconn and Purdue added a guy or two a year—which isn’t wildly different from the grad transfer days. I think Bama had 2 or 3 new guys in their rotation.  

Between transfers, juco transfers and 1 and done or 2 and dones, a lot of the top programs have been adding 2 or 3 important rotation pieces every year anyways over the last couple decades. So consistency is still pretty important with the other 5 or 6 guys.  

Woody decided to go the route of adding 3 new staters and 2 or 3 more off the bench in the portal, and that’s on him. We’ll see how it plays out. 

In program instability it’s a way to buy time; expensive time.

57 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Yep. Like I've said, imagine a good coach having this support instead of just trying to buy a team that not even Woodson can screw up.

I wanted Crean gone and the last two hires make him look good.

Woody, just needs to win. That's it. He needs to stop taking credit for minor victory (like winning the off season), and then stop acting like every failure has nothing to do with him. HE needs to put in the work instead of telling everyone else to work harder. Just win and make believers out of all of us faux fans.

Woody, just needs to win. That's it. He needs to stop taking credit for minor victory (like winning the off season), and then stop acting like every failure has nothing to do with him. HE needs to put in the work instead of telling everyone else to work harder. Just win and make believers out of all of us faux fans.
Yeah but you know darn well if one of these guys goes down with an injury early in he year what he will start saying. Injuries happen to every team but he really milks that excuse to death

1 hour ago, IUCrazy2 said:

$6 mil to go 12-8.  YGTBSM.  That makes us Nebraska/Northwestern.  Should be no more than 4 losses.  

2 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

The issue at hand is Woodson needs to get Indiana to a Sweet 16 or further. First and second round doesn’t get me up from bed.