Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If Woody had graced the game with his presence how many of you would have been posting that he was there only because he was told to be there?  

Or that he should be out recruiting ;)

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

If Woody had graced the game with his presence how many of you would have been posting that he was there only because he was told to be there?  

Well after all you heard, do you think he really deserves the benefit of the doubt?

24 minutes ago, kottke said:

Seems like someone is missing…I’m sure he’s too busy recruiting.

IMG_7943.jpeg

Oh, great. Our football coach is just relaxing and taking time off to go to games during spring practices instead of being in the office. Unlike our hard working basketball coach who is so dedicated to winning that he couldn't show up because he's probably watching film on portal players or recruiting (definitely NOT vacationing for his birthday). Looks like the football team will be bad again because the coach doesn't want to work.

15 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sure that’s possible maybe even probable. But in his absence we’re doing the same thing. Only this wreaks of divisiveness whereas if he’d shown up naysayers could only speculate about his motives.

38 minutes ago, AH1971 said:
Again, you’re giving Woodson way too much credit. He’s way too tone deaf to actually calculate or coordinate something like that. I believe one of two things happened:
1) Woodson was coy with reporters not wanting to steal Leal or Galloway’s thunder knowing they still had a year of eligibility left
2) We’re in an era where college kids do college things, sadly meaning making spectacles of nonsensical events…like college athletes making elaborate announcements that they’re returning to school.
Either way, I don’t think it’s that deep.

I didn’t expect you too.

19 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Thankfully, he took any doubt out of whether him showing up would have been out of support for the women's team or mandated.

18 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

I didn’t expect you too. Have another glass of the Kool-Aid.

That’s ok, I enjoy a good conspiracy as much as the next guy.

Carry on.

42 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

You mean like a job responsibility?

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

No and that's a good thing.  It would be a negative distraction and most people would assume he truly wasn't there voluntarily.  In this instance, I'm happy for his absence.

Every other person in that building wanted to be there, I wouldn’t want anyone w negative energy to ruin the atmosphere 

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

Is announcing on their senior night that they were returning to school for their Covid year some deep state conspiracy lol?

Nope. Not the act of announcing it. It was the whole setup leading up to the last game. Woodson said that he didn't know if they (Leal and Galloway) were going through the senior night activities or not. Either he was lying or he was flat out NOT doing his job. He'd already given them both their NIL amounts for next year, so I'm saying that he knew. And that set the whole F-U "not real" fans thing in motion.

1 minute ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Nope. Not the act of announcing it. It was the whole setup leading up to the last game. Woodson said that he didn't know if they (Leal and Galloway) were going through the senior night activities or not. Either he was lying or he was flat out NOT doing his job. He'd already given them both their NIL amounts for next year, so I'm saying that he knew. And that set the whole F-U "not real" fans thing in motion.

I will say it was Friday when he didn’t know if they were going through ceremonies or not but didn’t meet with them till Saturday to give them their new NIL deals. 

51 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

And more likely than not, it would have been the truth. By not showing, we can reasonably guess that he was not told to be there. Or was he and he just blew it off - like, what was Dolson going to do to him?