Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

3 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

You've been screaming for the last 24 hours that there's no way to have a top 15 KenPom offense with a team  whose volume 3 point shooters shoot sub 40% from distance.....

You're wrong by a mile. 

No I have been pointing out that your statement that some mythical improvement to 35% from 3 point shooting doesn't equal a significant improvement in OE. None of your pretzel logic makes it so. The "screaming" is just how you hear it in your head when your foolishness is pointed out.

6 minutes ago, iu eyedoc said:

What does that have to do with every other offensive statistic that IU lacked in? The simple fact is your imaginary increase in 3 pt % and volume doesn't even get IU in the top 50 without improvement everywhere else. And  there in lies the rub, whatever marginal improvement in talent $6M bought they are still being coached a bad brand of basketball and that trumps everything else.

Like no longer starting a PG(s) with 23 and 24% TOV rates? A lead 2 guard who shot 26% from 3 on low volume? You know just a miserable back court in general?

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In that respect just like Edey. Yet they still kept Edey on the perimeter for most of the start of possessions; he set screens to effect switches and get the defense rotating, and then dove to the rim. To me, that makes sense for Ballo too.

Agree, it would. I will believe it when I see it.

6 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Like no longer starting a PG(s) with 23 and 24% TOV rates? A lead 2 guard who shot 26% from 3 on low volume? You know just a miserable back court in general?

Woodson has put together a nice roster on paper.  I fully expect to enjoy the 25+ win, Big Ten title contender, and NCAA run ahead of us in 2024/25.  That is what should happen with this roster so I don't want to hear any excuse making BS if we don't.

1 minute ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Woodson has put together a nice roster on paper.  I fully expect to enjoy the 25+ win, Big Ten title contender, and NCAA run ahead of us in 2024/25.  That is what should happen with this roster so I don't want to hear any excuse making BS if we don't.

Correct. It's why he assembled this roster. It's his last chance. 

100% what should happen but if it doesn't the excuses will start. The expectations should be sky high. As you said 25 wins should be the expectation if not more.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

Per 40 minute stats for Cupps, TG and Cupps? Care to venture any guesses?

image.png.9064509adbdb1272283df313d8f4dacb.png 

image.png.faddb9557f97a037d584838f5df440db.png

image.png.4af3286f17b90f6fa670254f84c86720.png

You say a guy had low volume like it is a bad thing when he hit 26% .Truly crazy how you think high volume 3's are a good thing regardless of percentage. 26, 27.5, 32, 35% from three is bad at any volume. With the caveat that a 4 or 5 shooting 35% is acceptable to good, not because of the actual points per shot, but the way it opens up  the floor when a big has to be honored on the perimeter. Wings shooting below 37-38% is not a good thing, ever.

35 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

CJ Gunn says, Hold my Beer.  :)  

Yeah he wasn’t shy about shooting but man every time he shot it I thought it was going to be a miss. He was so streaky. A lot of goose eggs when you look up his stats. He reminded me of the old NY Knicks player John Starks. Dude got hot and would put up good numbers from deep. But when he was off it was awful. Gunn had more awful than on games imo. His 2 pt % was also bad and actually shot .03 better from 2 than he did from 3. lol. 

53 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Better get some ear muffs then.  We are still a young team.  And a new team.  And there is still that hump we haven't gotten rid of.  

38 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Better get some ear muffs then.  We are still a young team.  And a new team.  And there is still that hump we haven't gotten rid of.  

God forbid a player miss any games for injury! I mean that almost never happens to other teams.

If Woodson can't win at least 25 games with this roster it isn't ever happening.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I always love the blame the players phase of a failed coach’s tenure.  

Can you extrapolate on this further?

Kopp averaged more attempted at NW than IU? Why did he suddenly start “passing them up?”  

Xavier Johnson averaged more 3s attempted at Pitt than Indiana. Why did he start “passing them up” at IU?  

Is it the uniform? Assembly Hall? Don Fisher? Tell me please…what causes IU players to pass up 3’s? 

An All American center who shoots 60% from the field at 20 pts/game and 200+ FT's at 70%. It's not rocket science.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

2 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

An All American center who shoots 60% from the field and 200+ FT's at 70%. It's not rocket science.

Kopp and Galloway shot north of 40% that season. Why not get them more 3’s that year? That’s even more efficient than TJD shooting two’s.   

One might argue the combo together might get a tan into that vaunted top 15 offense. Yet, we were nearly last in the country in 3s attempted despite being one of the best 3P shooting teams.  

21 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

An All American center who shoots 60% from the field at 20 pts/game and 200+ FT's at 70%. It's not rocket science.

Purdue had that the past two seasons and still managed to take 20+ threes a game. Maybe it is rocket science?