Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I think Arizona is high on their backup, Krivas. He was the top international prospect last year. 

This makes sense for them. I'm seeing a lot of schools part ways with 5th year guys (or vice versa). They prefer the younger guys/transfers. Purdue did it with Gillis. Kaufman-Renn or transfers will see more minutes. UConn with Sanogo last year in favor of Clingan. Galloway will see plenty of time this next year but I'm sure his minutes/production will decrease. 

They didn't try to talk him into staying so that told me something. 
They have another 7'2 guy coming back who played 10-15 mns a game. Maybe they wanted to go with him. Ballo is a beast the can't shoot free throws. He shot 49% last year.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

This makes sense for them. I'm seeing a lot of schools part ways with 5th year guys (or vice versa). They prefer the younger guys/transfers. Purdue did it with Gillis. Kaufman-Renn or transfers will see more minutes. UConn with Sanogo last year in favor of Clingan. Galloway will see plenty of time this next year but I'm sure his minutes/production will decrease. 
I have a hard time seeing Newton of cupps seeing many minutes at all.

10 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

They have another 7'2 guy coming back who played 10-15 mns a game. Maybe they wanted to go with him. Ballo is a beast the can't shoot free throws. He shot 49% last year.

He will fit right in here with that percentage lol

10 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

I have a hard time seeing Newton of cupps seeing many minutes at all.

One of Tucker Galloway and 3rd portal guard may not get minutes. Newton and Cupps may be lucky to have a spot in the layup line for warmups.

One of Tucker Galloway and 3rd portal guard may not get minutes. Newton and Cupps may be lucky to have a spot in the layup line for warmups.
Correct. That's why I was surprised cupps came back but that was before the portal started. A guy like him who needs to develop is better off at like a kent state not iu where they will simply just upgrade in the portal each spring. Guys like Leal will probably come extinct at bigger schools soon.

20 hours ago, Herotime said:

What the experts forget is we have gotten several VISITS from some of the best transfers in the portal! Heck, one even committed!!! That’s as good as wins in my book.

That coupled with everyone coming back (expect arguably our MOST productive player from last season) and Woody is fixin’ to turn up the heat in the kitchen!!! This year our problem was talent… not next year. Next season we are going to be rolling in west coast talent. Watch out B1G, Woody iscoming for you, and he’s ready for dinner!

9F560594-CDFC-438C-B162-8D0167ED6172.jpeg

16th out of 18, looks like a raise is in order.

They didn't try to talk him into staying so that told me something. 
So if we had 4 million last year where did it all go? Ware and MM are the only two who would have gotten bigger money. Spark and Walker certainly wouldn't have

6 minutes ago, J34 said:

lol

522d22eb2d23cded.jpg

It’s happening. We’re well prepared to offer $7 million a year whenever Brad makes the call. 

Coaches don’t just quit coaching. You’ll get the itch and not the bad itch where you need to see your local medical professional. 

8 hours ago, Trish said:

It’s happening. We’re well prepared to offer $7 million a year whenever Brad makes the call. 

Coaches don’t just quit coaching. You’ll get the itch and not the bad itch where you need to see your local medical professional. 

7 years 10 million 

16 hours ago, str8baller said:

Coaches will have to adapt to more 3 guard looks for another guard addition to make sense after Carlyle. If we stick to the two back to the basket bigs lineups then yeah, minutes are an issue.

9 hours ago, Trish said:

That’s what woody meant by being a “bridge” coach, he is a bridge to BS!

1 hour ago, Ryno6284 said:

That’s what woody meant by being a “bridge” coach, he is a bridge to BS!

If that's the path, I fully support blowing the NIL budget this year to build a competitive team that hopefully can make the second week of the tournament at least, then Woodson retires paving the way for Brad Stevens in 2025.

I can dream.

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Spoke to some people. Their concerns about Woody still not being engaged enough in the whole recruiting, especially in the portal are all still there. He's doing a little more but not still nearly enough as people would like him to. He thinks as long as the money is there, he'll be fine. Take it for what it's worth but that was passed along to me. 

I didn't expect Woodson to do well because he's a lousy coach and no one wanted him after the Knicks fired him. I also didn't expect him to have the mindset that he doesn't have to do certain parts of the job; I figured he'd atleast give it everything he had because of his connection to the program.