Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

7 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Pretty sure Race Thompson went through senior day twice. 

6 hours ago, eddy4iu said:

And Colin Hartman.

So, besides Leal and Galloway, only TWO other players in 50+ years? Sorry, that doesn't pass the smell test.

So, besides Leal and Galloway, only TWO other players in 50+ years? Sorry, that doesn't pass the smell test.
I would agree there seemed to be an agenda. Hartman and Race didn't have any indication coming back when they made their senior speech. As for Leal and Galloway, they literally said they were coming back during their speech. Just strange to do that.

Sent from my SM-G981U using BtownBanners mobile app

9 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Never in the last 50 years has a global pandemic prolonged collegiate eligibility. Luke Goode went through senior night 3 weeks ago (as a junior) with the expectation that he’s going to return. Theres a lot of things that happen in college sports today that wouldn’t make sense 50 years ago. We have college freshman who feel the need to announce they’re returning for their sophomore years.

Never in the last 50 years has a global pandemic prolonged collegiate eligibility. Luke Goode went through senior night 3 weeks ago (as a junior) with the expectation that he’s going to return. Theres a lot of things that happen in college sports today that wouldn’t make sense 50 years ago. We have college freshman who feel the need to announce they’re returning for their sophomore years.

It doesn’t mean that it was without an agenda.

5 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

It doesn’t mean that it was without an agenda.

Is announcing on their senior night that they were returning to school for their Covid year some deep state conspiracy lol?

7 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Is announcing on their senior night that they were returning to school for their Covid year some deep state conspiracy lol?

It is if they already knew that they were returning, which they obviously knew since they announced it.

Remember also on the Friday before - two days prior to senior day - Woodson told the media he had no idea whether either of them was doing senior day. So we’re supposed to believe that in the span of 48 hours they not only decided they were going to stay, but decided to go through with being on senior day and in their speeches allude to the fact that we “needed to chill”?

if you believe all of that, I’ve got a bridge in San Francisco I’d love to sell you . . .

6 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

It is if they already knew that they were returning, which they obviously knew since they announced it.

Remember also on the Friday before - two days prior to senior day - Woodson told the media he had no idea whether either of them was doing senior day. So we’re supposed to believe that in the span of 48 hours they not only decided they were going to stay, but decided to go through with being on senior day and in their speeches allude to the fact that we “needed to chill”?

if you believe all of that, I’ve got a bridge in San Francisco I’d love to sell you . . .

If you want to believe Woodson used Leal and Galloway as pawns in some elaborate “gotcha” moment to piss off the fan base at the conclusion of a shitty season, more power to you, that’s your prerogative. I think you’re giving him way too much credit.

Yep. What he said!

And don’t forget the part about the big bumps in their NIL.

1 minute ago, AH1971 said:

If you want to believe Woodson used Leal and Galloway as pawns in some elaborate “gotcha” moment to piss off the fan base at the conclusion of a shitty season, more power to you, that’s your prerogative. I think you’re giving him way too much credit.

Was it meant to deliberately piss off the fans? I don’t know - just as much as you can’t say it wasn’t pre-arranged.

For all of Leal’s contributions - or lack thereof - this year, he is returning to the tune of $225k. Hell, I’d tell people to “chill” if I got to be a benchwarmer for that kind of jack.

2 minutes ago, Tasmanian Devil said:

Was it meant to deliberately piss off the fans? I don’t know - just as much as you can’t say it wasn’t pre-arranged.

For all of Leal’s contributions - or lack thereof - this year, he is returning to the tune of $225k. Hell, I’d tell people to “chill” if I got to be a benchwarmer for that kind of jack.

Again, you’re giving Woodson way too much credit. He’s way too tone deaf to actually calculate or coordinate something like that. I believe one of two things happened:

1) Woodson was coy with reporters not wanting to steal Leal or Galloway’s thunder knowing they still had a year of eligibility left

2) We’re in an era where college kids do college things, sadly meaning making spectacles of nonsensical events…like college athletes making elaborate announcements that they’re returning to school.

Either way, I don’t think it’s that deep.