Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

1 minute ago, Hornsby said:

He is totally delusional. Depressing for most of us but he is in LA LA land. Next year is not going to be pretty. Will be even worse when we have to watch Louisville make a great hire. 

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

Allowing Woody to come back and further sink the program while simultaneously ruining his own legacy, is such executive malpractice I can't begin to understand. The boo birds will be out in full force basically all year. Fan turnout on the road will likely be lower... since the admin basically only wants to act based on financial interests (which they don't seem great at managing, based on recent buyouts) guess they're going to have to viscerally feel the frustration of fans at home and watch their bottom line shrink. I try to find the positive as a fan, but to go into a year with zero momentum/optimism is brutal. If we don't move on after the season, it's going to be very hard to not shout from the rooftops and call the entire admin a joke for their total incompetence / negligence. Bringing Mike back is doing a disservice to everyone who cares about IUBB, including Mike himself. Common sense has to prevail when the season wraps up. On the bright side, if we do run it back with this staff, I'll know to just save my time, money, and energy. 

If I was Dolson I'd probably be taking his key card away immediately.  Pretty clear he's a very disgruntled employee who knows he's no longer wanted and is therefore going into burn it down mode.  We may never be a serious program again.  I'm really worried.
One thing is clear he is not leaving on his own free will. He is basically telling them you will have to fire me and my guess is he doesn't think they will ever have the guts to do it. I think in his mind he thinks he is still beloved by all.

3 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

One thing is clear he is not leaving on his own free will. He is basically telling them you will have to fire me and my guess is he doesn't think they will ever have the guts to do it. I think in his mind he thinks he is still beloved by all.

I think at this point our best hope is that the wife and daughters talk some sense into him to just take his money and retire.  He said when he was hired that his family thought he was nuts for taking this job and that they thought he should be laying on a beach somewhere.

18 minutes ago, Hornsby said:

He is totally delusional. Depressing for most of us but he is in LA LA land. Next year is not going to be pretty. Will be even worse when we have to watch Louisville make a great hire. 

and Ohio State...

9 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

If I was Dolson I'd probably be taking his key card away immediately.  Pretty clear he's a very disgruntled employee who knows he's no longer wanted and is therefore going into burn it down mode.  We may never be a serious program again.  I'm really worried.

except by Buckner and possibly the Cook family checkbook

2 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

This could just be me and taking it the wrong way, but he’s kinda starting to feel very “I call the shots and if Mike Woodson wants to stay then Mike Woodson is gonna stay”, and it’s starting to rub me the wrong way. You can tell he’s hearing the displeasure from people and he’s responding with a “welp, too bad, get over it” mentality. 

His tone this year leaves an awful lot to be desired. Not even taking issue with lack of insight/substance because you're unlikely to get that from press conferences, post games, etc. To me he just sounds tired and conceited... and like he knows he will be protected. I don't pretend to know what goes on behind closed doors, but the whole narrative around Quinn pulling strings / calling shots certainly makes sense, especially with all the context this season has provided. His response about "continuing" to put us in position to compete for championships is so corporate and disconnected from reality. He could've delivered the same message in a way that's much more reflective of the current mood. Mike Woodson has forgotten more about basketball than most of us have ever known but at 66 years old he's not equipped to do this job at the highest level. Not at all.

1 hour ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I'm crying :(

image.png

I was initially depressed when I read this.  I hope this is said for the benefit of recruits.  Hard to recruit if players think you have one year left.  So, I'm still holding out hope for retirement after next year.  

1 hour ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I'm crying :(

image.png

This just shows how delusional he is. I think when he was first hired he had no idea where the state of IU basketball was and thought that this program was the same program he was a part of in the 70s. It's obvious to most IU fans that he is in way over his head but he does not even seem to notice or care. I think he thought he would come in and dominate college basketball because he spent so much time in the NBA. With that quote it seems like he is accepting no responsibility with how this season has played out. He knows he is untouchable due to his relationship with the higher ups, and it clearly appears that he plans to stay here as long as he wants. I really don't see how this can end in a positive manner for the program or Mike Woodson. 

3 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Unfortunately he's forgotten some pretty important things too, like boxing out.

It's not the quantity of things forgotten that is important, it's the quality.. 

21 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

This could just be me and taking it the wrong way, but he’s kinda starting to feel very “I call the shots and if Mike Woodson wants to stay then Mike Woodson is gonna stay”, and it’s starting to rub me the wrong way. You can tell he’s hearing the displeasure from people and he’s responding with a “welp, too bad, get over it” mentality. 

People on here get upset when folks “attack his character,” but Mike Woodson’s attitude absolutely stinks. He exhibits an arrogance that a coach with his college coaching track record really has no business exhibiting.