Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

8 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Well aware but then they haven’t backed it up 

They beat a projected 1 seed on a neutral court and who cares if guys say they will give him a pass if they flame out.  It’s just noise.   Your not giving him a pass so what’s it matter if someone else does.   I think Cooley is an awesome coach.  I don’t care 1 bit that he is having a terrible year I think it was an awesome hire.   I’m giving him a pass for this year but I’m guessing some Georgetown fans are not.   I don’t care if they don’t or not I will 

13 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Because both those guys want to play in NBA and they won’t risk it with a guy like Dusty. They will transfer to a coach that has proven they know how to get guys drafted.  Zero chance. You would have to win with the guys he brought and some mid level portal guys. Kind of like the Penn State guy did. 

Malik isn’t going anywhere.

He's going to get some big time offers this March from schools. Money talks. He's likely already getting DM's at this moment. I know players being contacted already (non Indiana). Whether he leaves or not, we'll find out by end of April. 

19 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

Why is it zero? Dusty kept his entire team this year when I’m sure bigger names were calling. Malik would thrive with more space around him and McNeely as a shooter sure fits Dusty’s offense better than whatever Mike runs. I’m not sure Malik stays with Mike another year. Other schools will definitely call and i would listen if i was him

Yeah, I don't understand zero chance. From what I'm hearing the current players are not thrilled with the staff. Everyone said no way TJD would stay if Archie is fired. Not only did he stay he became a better player. 

1 minute ago, Ngw7183 said:

Even if IU drops one of them, FAU drops some IU won. It is a wash. They are slightly better at best and to think they could come in here and be anything but 5th/6th in Big is a stretch.

I couldn’t tell you I’m not a fortune teller so I do t know how they would do in the B1G I just know they played a harder Non conference Sos this year then IU did and had better results 

3 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Every last guy from Trilly, Goodman, Ant Wright, Rob Cassidy etc all the guys who know recruits, portal, AAU guys etc. all said this is why guys didn’t come here. 

We have the worst backcourt in the conference, if not all of P5. I just can't wrap my head around this. If the guards we pursued didn't want to compete with Galloway and X for playing time, then we were after the wrong ones.

And if Woodson really wanted to achieve the goals he stated when he was hired, he should have realized they weren't good enough and told X to move on. Most coaches would have been done with him after his little jaunt down Walnut anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

I would probably prefer Oats as a sure thing hire. I don’t even think he would leave but you never know. My bigger concern is Dusty May turning out to be the real thing and I think he probably is, and we missing him by one season. I think he leaves this year for a big time school.

If that were to happen and if Dusty has his heart set on coaching at IU, I would think if Woody is still around after this season, then leaves/is fired after 2024-25, we could still go get Dusty. Provided he wasn't absolutely awful at his new school and/or it hasn't placed a massive buyout in his deal. 

Heck -- Chris Beard took the UNLV job only to leave a week or so later for Texas Tech.

(Interesting story about that: TT's AD called UNLV to discuss talking to Beard. UNLV AD says, "No way. You can't talk to him. We just hired him." TT's AD replied: "Sorry -- I wasn't asking permission to talk to him. I was telling you -- we ARE going to talk to him.")

29 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

Ok, I am replying to basically the same thing but zero chance McNeely or Malik stay if Woody is out. Zero. If this is fans logic and reason for wanting it done, yeah, no way. I would be on board with that, sure but that is fantasy football thinking. 

Based on what? Do you have inside knowledge? A better coach could easily keep them and coach them up better than Woodson.

9 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

We have the worst backcourt in the conference, if not all of P5. I just can't wrap my head around this. If the guards we pursued didn't want to compete with Galloway and X for playing time, then we were after the wrong ones.

And if Woodson really wanted to achieve the goals he stated when he was hired, he should have realized they weren't good enough and told X to move on. Most coaches would have been done with him after his little jaunt down Walnut anyway. 

@TheWatShot for the win!

3 minutes ago, Hoozr said:

Long time reader, first time poster. I know it has been said that May has a clause in his contract that he could take IU job (and his buyout is low, relatively speaking). Say he is offered a big time job (U of L, OSU, etc), they would be unlikely to put a clause like that in there and his buyout would likely be enormous for the first few years. If we do move on from Woody after next year, that could be a non-starter for getting him here any time soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly what I am afraid will happen. 

1 minute ago, Banksyrules said:

Is there a way we can create a poll in this topic to get a feel on how many think Woodson should stay ( COUGH Ngw7183) and who think we should move on?

This whole thread is basically him vs everyone and I’m honestly kind of impressed by the persistence. Singlehandedly helped add at least 5 pages today

5 minutes ago, Hoozr said:

Long time reader, first time poster. I know it has been said that May has a clause in his contract that he could take IU job (and his buyout is low, relatively speaking). Say he is offered a big time job (U of L, OSU, etc), they would be unlikely to put a clause like that in there and his buyout would likely be enormous for the first few years. If we do move on from Woody after next year, that could be a non-starter for getting him here any time soon.

@Hoozr Hey thanks for the first post, and welcome to the board! Hope to you stick around! Thanks!!!

6 minutes ago, Hoozr said:

Welcome. 

25 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

The staff looked at Galloway, a guy with one good shooting year, and Johnson, a guy who was very inconsistent before injuries, and were comfortable enough to leave a scholarship open. Unreal.

12 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Is there a way we can create a poll in this topic to get a feel on how many think Woodson should stay ( COUGH Ngw7183) and who think we should move on?

10 minutes ago, Unexpectedflash said:

This whole thread is basically him vs everyone and I’m honestly kind of impressed by the persistence. Singlehandedly helped add at least 5 pages today

There are so, so many variables. 

It would be all but impossible to write a poll question for that in mid-February. In April? Maybe then.

darn it Woody.  having decent year. 10 seed or so and better next year would have made this all so much easier.  I'm bummed for the entirety of IUBB from top to bottom.  No easy choice.  Dusty May isn't a definite homerun hire.  I've all but lost hope in Woody and whatever it is he is cooking.  

The guys i'd like aren't likely real possibilities for whatever reason.  

10 minutes ago, Hoozr said:

First off great post, and that is something I worry about. He's going to get offers from UM, OSU, UL.WV. One of those schools is going to try to get him. Now hopefully he is happy in Florida and is waiting for IU. His family says he loves it down there. How could you not? When you have a mayor like @Stuhoo running things you have it good. He's not going to move twice in two years. Also if he waits on the IU job, and has a crappy year next year might not get a shot at it again for a while. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

First off great post, and that is something I worry about. He's going to get offers from UM, OSU, UL.WV. One of those schools is going to try to get him. Now hopefully he is happy in Florida and is waiting for IU. His family says he loves it down there. How could you not? When you have a mayor like @Stuhoo running things you have it good. He's not going to move twice in two years. Also if he waits on the IU job, and has a crappy year next year might not get a shot at it again for a while. 

I am not, repeat NOT the Mayor of Boca Raton, Florida.