Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

COMPLAIN HERE!

11 minutes ago, JF87 said:

IU has it worse.  Payne will not be the coach of Louisville next season.  IU will be stuck with coach Woodson another year.  

Exactly. Rick should have a review of this article come Jan 1 2025 to see where both teams went from this moment. I’m guessing one will be in a good light and one will…. you know

17 minutes ago, SamIam said:

Okay maybe I am dumb but what is he saying here

He believes that Woody is not doing well, but that he probably gets another year. It's a logical take from the Twitter-er, who is another 'source' that subscribes to the same well-founded general conclusions. Nothing that hasn't been said countless times in this thread.

FWIW, I see the logic, but I tend to disagree with the general take. We have six games left. If we lose, say, four out of the last six? (which is entirely possible) I think in that case it's more likely that we have a new coach in the spring than that we have a fourth year of Coach Woodson. I think in that foreseeable scenario it's Dusty May-50%-ish, Mike Woodson-40%-ish, other-10%-ish next season.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

He believes that Woody is not doing well, but that he probably gets another year. It's a logical take from the Twitter-er. Nothing that hasn't been said countless times in this thread. Another 'source' that subscribes to the same general conclusions.

FWIW, I tend to disagree with the general take. We have six games left. If we lose, say, four out of the last six (which is entirely possible)? I think it's more likely that we have a new coach by May than that we have a fourth year of Coach Woodson. I think in that foreseeable scenario it's more likely Dusty May is our coach next year than not.

May by May. Ha Ha

For some reason, our loss to Butler and the Masshole when we were ranked No. 1 popped into my head, and led me to think about a rule change I'd like to see ... 

As everyone knows, after a made basket, you get to run the baseline while trying to inbound the ball. I think if you have to take a timeout because you can't get it in, you lose that right -- you can no longer move along the baseline. After the timeout, it should become like any other inbounding situation -- you have to stay put. 

That gives a little reward to the defense, IMO. 

21 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

For some reason, our loss to Butler and the Masshole when we were ranked No. 1 popped into my head, and led me to think about a rule change I'd like to see ... 

As everyone knows, after a made basket, you get to run the baseline while trying to inbound the ball. I think if you have to take a timeout because you can't get it in, you lose that right -- you can no longer move along the baseline. After the timeout, it should become like any other inbounding situation -- you have to stay put. 

That gives a little reward to the defense, IMO. 

I would say that forcing the other team to burn a TO is a reward for the defense. 

This popped up on my FB feed.

Obviously isn't all on Woody (we did win Tuesday night after all) -- but man, this is disturbing!!! 

Included in that first stretch is something like 19 straight seasons without a loss to the annoying little varmints. 

May be an image of 7 people, people playing basketball, crowd and text that says '1950-2001 INDIANA 42 山 INDIANA 山 WON 76 OF WON7690GS 90 GAMES 2002 -2024 WISCONSIN WON 31 OF 38 GAMES'

I went to three IU games this year and go figure the best CBB I'll have gone to all year will be tonight Princeton vs Cornell for a share of the Ivy League championship. Lol. Such sad times. 

10 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

This popped up on my FB feed.

Obviously isn't all on Woody (we did win Tuesday night after all) -- but man, this is disturbing!!! 

Included in that first stretch is something like 19 straight seasons without a loss to the annoying little varmints. 

May be an image of 7 people, people playing basketball, crowd and text that says '1950-2001 INDIANA 42 山 INDIANA 山 WON 76 OF WON7690GS 90 GAMES 2002 -2024 WISCONSIN WON 31 OF 38 GAMES'

From 81-97 we were 31-1 vs UW

Saw a story up on another site about IU’s losing streak at Wisconsin — 

It started with RMK, lost his last game there in 2000, then the streak went to 19 straight covering 23 years. Crazy

Davis 5 straight

Sampson his only trip

Crean 8 straight (but 2013 team didn’t play there, and some of those were the rebuild years)

Miller 3 straight

Woodson 2 (first we were up 22 in the 1st half)

I can’t stand Wisconsin. Need to get IU ball back to the quality coaching and teams that used to pound them

On 3/3/2024 at 9:55 AM, HoosierHoopster said:

Saw a story up on another site about IU’s losing streak at Wisconsin — 

It started with RMK, lost his last game there in 2000, then the streak went to 19 straight covering 23 years. Crazy

Davis 5 straight

Sampson his only trip

Crean 8 straight (but 2013 team didn’t play there, and some of those were the rebuild years)

Miller 3 straight

Woodson 2 (first we were up 22 in the 1st half)

I can’t stand Wisconsin. Need to get IU ball back to the quality coaching and teams that used to pound them

That Wiscy game I think was the tipping point for Woodson. 

The University of Michigan is still under investigation for sign stealing.  One of their assistant coaches was investigated years ago for stealing when he worked at the Michigan Department of Transportation.  U of M should have checked his house before hiring him.  The signs were there.

Sign Stealing Scandal | ALL THIS DRAMA "SIGN STEALING SCANDAL"; I SAY APOLOGIZE AND GIVE THEM THEIR SIGN BACK | image tagged in roseanne roseannadanna,mlb baseball,chicago cubs,cubs | made w/ Imgflip meme maker