Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Purdue - Tuesday, 01.16.24 @ 7:00

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

It's not good, but he's not wrong.

Yeah, I agree completely (my posts show as much). I love yelling at games as much as the next guy. I'm even okay with some heckling, to be honest. But cussing during a quiet moment in the arena, meaning people could definitely hear, will certainly not help Woody's mood (before the game he was very testy about people questioning his rotations, it's obviously a sore topic). Not saying Woody doesn't deserve to feel some heat for that (he does) but it definitely sounds like one of those "turning point" moments in terms of perception among fans/players/etc. Things are going to get ugly with the boo birds.

36 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Loyer has a Grayson Allen way about him. I think its the extremely punchable face and whiny cry baby tendencies. 

I was saying to my parents who is going to be the hated player that goes off tonight.

3 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Yep.  But he refuses to ever adjust.  When a guy gets two fouls, he pulls him.  Surprised he even played them the last couple of minutes.

You have to have situational awareness as a coach.  When you have a starter with two fouls whose important to your offense and you see the lead barreling out of control, you throw out your normal and put them in.

What will be worse is if Ware or Mgbako pick up an early third foul and he pulls them again.

Actually you play them earlier and take them out the last 2 min so as not to pick up that cheap foul. It’s just bad coaching here.  

Just now, Home Jersey said:

Yeah, I agree completely (my posts show as much). I love yelling at games as much as the next guy. I'm even okay with some heckling, to be honest. But cussing during a quiet moment in the arena, meaning people could definitely hear, will certainly not help Woody's mood (before the game he was very testy about people questioning his rotations, it's obviously a sore topic). Not saying Woody doesn't deserve to feel some heat for that (he does) but it definitely sounds like one of those "turning point" moments in terms of perception among fans/players/etc. 

There is a problem when a coach can't handle criticism, though.  The fact that he blew up on a reporter simply asking about substitution patterns is a very bad look

5 minutes ago, Ngw7183 said:

I disagree that the fouls would not make up more than just a few points.

First off, Eddy had his 2nd foul 5 min into the game and then again and again did. You call any of those this game changes.

they are letting Purdue be as physical as they want, IU tries to return it and called for all of it. 

That’s exactly what I noticed.  Edey should have 4 fouls called on him.  I don’t know if anyone has noticed, but Edey lowers his left shoulder to clear space?

2 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

I need to go catch a game! Aren’t they in the top 25 right now?!?

They were 19th a week or two back... currently unranked, but 16-1 in the WAC.