Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mamasa

Coach Curt Cignetti to INDIANA

23 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Well said!

Thank you! I feel the adidas contact is a result of Fred Glass making a decision on what’s best for Fred Glass in the short term and not the long term direction of the athletic department, but that’s just my opinion! It appears Dolsen has been doing a great job so far!

What IU's recruits think of the hire.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/indiana-football-curt-cignetti-hired-recruits-talk-hoosiers-221872939/

I don't pay attention to football recruiting but looking at the offer lists of more than a few of them didn't have any other P5 schools it. A couple of others had maybe 1 other P5 school. That's not great.

I did notice there were a few that had been recruited by JMU, so Cignetti will already be familiar with them.

38 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

For Reference:

Article on Adidas not selling gear fans are trying to buy: https://www.idsnews.com/article/2022/03/column-indiana-fans-want-to-feel-part-of-teams-adidas-stopping-them-apparel-womens-basketball

Information around the Adidas Contract: https://indianahq.com/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-ius-contract-with-adidas/

It should be noted that IU is set to renew next year and Adidas has the right to match any offer, had we been gung ho I would assume we would have already announced an extension? So this would be positive news for Nike fans.  I've heard a rumor that Woody isn't happy with Adidas, and given his ties to worldwide wes, and with Cig coming from a Nike school there appears to be some momentum. 

Back in the day I was saying that if we have to stay with Adidas, we should have been a Yeezy Branded school like Michigan is with Jordan, but then Kayne went Crazy lol

That right to match any other offer may make it hard to switch.  If we end up staying with them, hopefully they can remove that provision.  I had a contract I was bidding on for years and the competitor would always just wait and match mine so finally we found a way to bid such that the match removed that.  

2 hours ago, Artie86 said:

I love shoes and have never liked the way Nike shoes look overall and fit compared to Adidas. That's obviously my personal opinion.

I would be a bad person to make recommendations on shoes. The last pair of sneakers I bought were Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars. Most narrow shoes at any size I've ever worn. Yeah, they don't get much use at all. Almost painful after a while.

Just now, tyappleg said:

Also, white helmets are so much cleaner than red ones imo. And they can feel free to bust out the candy striped helmets whenever they want to. 

Who is making all the uniform decisions. I never want anyone to lose their job, but that person should be swapped for someone stylish who is willing to take risks 

Just now, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Who is making all the uniform decisions. I never want anyone to lose their job, but that person should be swapped for someone stylish who is willing to take risks 

I read somewhere that it was the head coach's decision, so you should not feel bad about wanting that person fired.  (I have no idea if that was true, but distinctly remember reading it somewhere)

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Great Job everybody on this search. We really bonded together on this board & found the right coach for IU. Pat yourselves on the back, give yourself a hand, whatever it is you do to celebrate do it tonight. I'm going to ask Dolson & the administration to buy us all a round of drinks for all of hard work. Cheers!!! Go Hoosiers!!

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, southernindianahoosier2 said:

Wasn't the AD responsible for the oval IU logo?

Just now, tyappleg said:

I read somewhere that it was the head coach's decision, so you should not feel bad about wanting that person fired.  (I have no idea if that was true, but distinctly remember reading it somewhere)

Head coach, equipment manager, and Adidas collab on all of it, with Adidas having the most sway. Head coach can veto, but typically doesn't care.

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Really curious how much money the NIL collectives have raised since the Cignetti announcement… 

Just eyeballing it, it looks like at a minimum around ~200k but could be way higher. Would love to try to get the total NIL figure between $4-5 bazillion

Fixed it for ya...

giphy.gif

It's always interesting to see the uniform comments. Being honest, unless we're wearing chrome helmets or black jerseys, I never pay attention (same is pretty much true for any sport). But, I also understand that it's a huge draw for sales and recruits. I enjoy hearing what you all have to say about them!