Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2023-24 IUFB Transfer Portal

4 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Any one have any updates on who IU has offered from the portal and/or a website that tracks IU specific offers?

TIA

This is the thread for those updates, but if anyone could link a best-version portal tracker for IU offers that would be much appreciated.

I think Hoosier Huddle tracks transfers. Not sure about offers. I don't update anything until we get commitments or someone announces they're leaving because everyone and their mother gets an "offer".

1 hour ago, IndyResident16 said:

Any one have any updates on who IU has offered from the portal and/or a website that tracks IU specific offers?

TIA

I use on3 but not sure of the validity. 
https://www.on3.com/transfer-portal/wire/football/2024/

Here's an example:
https://www.on3.com/db/keshawn-williams-71610/

But honestly, they all kind of suck. I don't think TP offers are tracked as well as HS offers. Maybe it'll get better, who knows. 

38/384/1 for Wake Forest. 1 year of eligibility. Sounds like a slot guy.
No idea why, but I like this announcement better than the usual “I’m honored and blessed to receive an offer from…..,”. Just sounds so damned excited. Of course, that’s how he’s announced every offer.

17 minutes ago, Demo said:

No idea why, but I like this announcement better than the usual “I’m honored and blessed to receive an offer from…..,”

Yeah, that is the recruiting offer version of "thoughts and prayers". It gets to be really contrived sounding after a while.

23 minutes ago, Demo said:

38/384/1 for Wake Forest. 1 year of eligibility. Sounds like a slot guy.
No idea why, but I like this announcement better than the usual “I’m honored and blessed to receive an offer from…..,”. Just sounds so damned excited. Of course, that’s how he’s announced every offer.

Are we now destined to be a “run-n-shoot” team? Because that’d be fun and could make up for a talent gap with the big boy teams.

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Are we a “run-n-shoot” team? Because that’d be fun and could make up for a talent gap with the big boy teams.

Seem to recall someone mentioning at 1 point that JMU’s offense was unusual somehow, but no idea what that means. 

UConn TE. 56/578/2 last year. Listed at 6’3” and 235, so an h-back type. 2 years of eligibility left. 
JMU used a TE Horton as an H-back a decent amount so seems to fit that mold.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Anything connecting us to McCloud?
Curious if Cignetti would go after him 
Not sure if joking or not but yeah.....he was JMU's starting QB last year.

1 minute ago, rcs29 said:

Not sure if joking or not but yeah.....he was JMU's starting QB last year.

I think I moreso meant whether there’s been any reported contact between the two since the portal opened 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

I think I moreso meant whether there’s been any reported contact between the two since the portal opened 

The issue there may be that McCloud’s already transferred twice. Could he get a waiver next year? 

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

No idea, grad transfer I’d think? 

https://247sports.com/college/miami/article/miami-hurricanes-football-transfer-portal-spotlight-veteran-dual-threat-qb-jordan-mccloud-blossomed-in-2023-222299304/

Some thoughts on McCloud from the Miami 24/7 writer. No mention of concerns with immediate eligibility, so they must think he’s good to go. 

49 minutes ago, Demo said:

Seem to recall someone mentioning at 1 point that JMU’s offense was unusual somehow, but no idea what that means. 

From everything I’ve read and watched since Cig was hired, they’re a pretty prototypical shotgun spread, read option, RPO offense. They’re just really good at it and have some very good players. Also, I’ll say on McCloud he doesn’t appear to be a game-changing player and is a little risky with the ball, but overall solid. I don’t know if Sorsby is a worse option in my limited viewings of 2023 JMU if I’m honest. Will be curious to see how that shakes out.

I was enamored with Chadwell because of his offense, could be what you’re thinking of. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

The issue there may be that McCloud’s already transferred twice. Could he get a waiver next year? 

I've been trying to find this out. No where has mentioned him being a grad transfer (1 place I saw called him a Senior) but they also don't mention him having to get a waiver. I don't know why it would be a sure thing if he's not a grad transfer, unless the NCAA is still handing out waivers for football players after a coaching change. They're not for other sports.