Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2025) - PF Eric Reibe to UConn

27 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I would like to order the value pack (Mullins, Sisley & Reibe) with a side of Haralson and supersize it with a Tiller too!

If we can get Goode back for a 5th year and only lose Mgbako and the other 5 seniors, perhaps a portal rim protector to complete the order. 

12 hours ago, BA47591 said:

If we can get Goode back for a 5th year and only lose Mgbako and the other 5 seniors, perhaps a portal rim protector to complete the order. 

Has the NCAA ever let a player who played the last 10 games of the season, counting the BTT and NCAAT, have a medical redshirt? Not that I know of.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

Has the NCAA ever let a player who played the last 10 games of the season, counting the BTT and NCAAT, have a medical redshirt? Not that I know of.

The idea of playing the 1st 10 not being disqualifying but playing the last 10 is will always be a world class head scratcher. But, yeah, the precedent is really not in his favor.

2 hours ago, Demo said:

The idea of playing the 1st 10 not being disqualifying but playing the last 10 is will always be a world class head scratcher. But, yeah, the precedent is really not in his favor.

The idea is that it's a season ending injury, not just missing a bunch of time, I guess. So it's not "season ending" if he plays at the end of the season even though that injury could've happened a year earlier but too late in that season to get a redshirt. It's the NCAA being the NCAA 

3 hours ago, go iu bb said:

The idea is that it's a season ending injury, not just missing a bunch of time, I guess. So it's not "season ending" if he plays at the end of the season even though that injury could've happened a year earlier but too late in that season to get a redshirt. It's the NCAA being the NCAA 

With the recent talk of the NCAA wanting everyone to have 5 years and after the recent covid year finally sputtering to an end, if there were a time that a season beginning injury appeal could be granted it would be now. Jmho.

Back to Reibe, so he cancels to visits. Then he moves us up after Kansas and UConn. We give him a great opportunity. I think I like our chances. 

9 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Not that I know of.....nor should they.  Redshirt rules are pretty clear and ANY games played in the second half of the year should receive an automatic no redshirt.

21 hours ago, BA47591 said:

1000% doubt he would get a fifth year.  By playing those last ten, he was guaranteeing that the year would be counted.  I am guessing that he knew that was the case and was fine with playing four years of college ball and not five and the Illinois staff knew that.

20 hours ago, Chris007 said:

There's a football player at Miami playing in his 9th season. He was in the same recruiting class at Oregon with Justin Herbert who is entering his 5th season in the NFL. I wouldn't put anything past the NCAA at this point. 

Assuming Goode stays healthy the entire year, he will have finished his career playing essentially 3 1/3 seasons. In an age where guys are playing 5 and 6 seasons on the regular, giving Goode an extra year doesn't seem as preposterous as it once did regardless of previous precedent. 

52 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

There's a football player at Miami playing in his 9th season. He was in the same recruiting class at Oregon with Justin Herbert who is entering his 5th season in the NFL. I wouldn't put anything past the NCAA at this point. 

Assuming Goode stays healthy the entire year, he will have finished his career playing essentially 3 1/3 seasons. In an age where guys are playing 5 and 6 seasons on the regular, giving Goode an extra year doesn't seem as preposterous as it once did regardless of previous precedent. 

Recent changes to FB redshirt (IIRC) allow players to play in a max of 4 games anytime, so I could see them using this as a precedent for his case.

I think Reibe is ours. Oregon can't win that fight with us after Ware. Bundalo is going to UConn, and Kansas has Bidunga apprenticing a year behind Dickinson. 

If, by chance he were to choose Kansas, we would be at the top of the list to land Bidunga in the portal. 

16 hours ago, BA47591 said:

I think Reibe is ours. Oregon can't win that fight with us after Ware. Bundalo is going to UConn, and Kansas has Bidunga apprenticing a year behind Dickinson. 

If, by chance he were to choose Kansas, we would be at the top of the list to land Bidunga in the portal. 

Agree with this logic 100%.  If a school of business is one main driver to a school of his choice, out of the final ones IU by far is superior in my mind.  So, unless IU drops the ball on the one over the next month, I have to believe that Eric will be wearing candy stripes.  

17 hours ago, BA47591 said:

I’d say about a 1/3 shot. We have the situation teed up with NBA bigs pipeline, NIL, immediate opportunities, but so do Kansas and UConn.

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I’d say about a 1/3 shot. We have the situation teed up with NBA bigs pipeline, NIL, immediate opportunities, but so do Kansas and UConn.

We also have 2 other recruits he will be joining on his visit. One who is supposedly an IU lean. May be 33% chance going in, but probably 50-50 afterwards. Him moving his visit up 2 weeks to join these two is probably not by coincidence. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

This seems about right. But under the heading of little things that mean a little something, kind of like Mgbako and the flag, how many other schools have a staff member who speaks fluent German and played a bunch of years in the Basketball Bundesliga? I believe the answer is zero.