Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chris007

(C) Kel 'el Ware - COMMITTED TO INDIANA

38 minutes ago, cleeter said:

If you were a recruit and had the ability to have school pay for your travel an stay on official visits (I think that’s how it works) then wouldn’t you probably take every visit? Like maybe out of respect for Alabama he is taking a free paid for visit. But either way, IU is down to the final two on a top 25 and a 5 star kid. I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah.  With today's communication you can do a lot via zoom and whatever.  Visits would be just to solidify what was talked about and "sign" the deal.  Take your first visit to your first choice.  If it doesn't work out, you have you 2nd, third visits working for you.  

17 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

My prediction: We don't get Ware or Ledlum. 

Then, panic ensues. 

giphy.gif

Finally, after everyone calms down -- we say we didn't really need them in the first place. LOL! 

Shedrick wouldn't be a bad option at the 5.  I'm not sure who we look at after Ledlum though.

16 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

Taking the visit means he hasn't decided.  We could land him but the so called smoke last night may have just been people overreacting.  We shouldn't be surprised when Alabama insiders feel good about their chance because visits always go well.

When have we ever overreacted when an insider gave us good insider information?

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Honestly I’d be shocked to get him. Hopefully Alabama blows it, but let’s be honest.  

This recruitment was the Center forward of the Love recruitment.  

Disagree on that.   Love never showed enough interest to visit and basically let the staff know he wasn’t interested.   Ware was interested enough to set up a visit and have left campus with a good impression.  Just got to see where it goes 

50 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

It doesn't show any respect to take a free visit on another school's dime if you have made up your mind. If Ware takes the visit to Alabama, it means he hasn't made up his mind and Alabama has a chance to land him.

Unfortunately, I think Bana has a better shot if he indeed does visit. They're kinda the hot ticket right now.

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Disagree on that.   Love never showed enough interest to visit and basically let the staff know he wasn’t interested.   Ware was interested enough to set up a visit and have left campus with a good impression.  Just got to see where it goes 

One thing I like compare to Bama, their culture is a little, little bit questionable 

7 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

So we wanted Love and couldn’t even interest him for a visit now?  I thought we didn’t want him because he takes 25 shots a game? Lol

4 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

This is true, that might help us a bit.

Nah, he’s making a financial and basketball decision and Alabama has both of those things in spades.  Culture decisions are generally from the recruiting team towards the player and not vice versa.  And it’s easily explained as a one off. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Nah, he’s making a financial and basketball decision and Alabama has both of those things in spades.  Culture decisions are generally from the recruiting team towards the player and not vice versa.  And it’s easily explained as a one off. 

I generally agree - the only reason I have a little bit more of a "wait and see" approach here is because of Ware's alleged significant introversion. If he thinks he will be more supported/closely guided/provided with structure/developed by an NBA guy in Woody, he may choose us. Comparing that to the chaotic season Bama just had (potentially very draining for an introvert living that news cycle day in and day out) along with the fact it could be tougher for him to stay on the court there compared to IU, make me think he will take his time to assess and make a non-emotional decision.

We will find out soon enough! Okay, maybe not as soon as we'd like...