Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

Game Thread: NCAA R64 vs. Kent State - 3/17 @ 10:45 pm (no lie)ET on TBS

1 hour ago, Whoozhers said:

For those traveling to Albany: 

Hopefully all will be well by Friday…..

State officials said they are mustering resources, including National Guard members and plow crews from other parts of the state to help handle the areas that are expected to receive the burnt of the storm damage. 
The heaviest snow was expected to fall overnight, with the National Weather Service warning between 1 and 2 inches falling per hour could fall at points before sunrise Tuesday.

The storm is very likely to impact air travel throughout the Northeast. Albany International Airport officials urged travelers with flight reservations to check with their airline for information on opportunities to reschedule their flights.

Any city on the I-90 corridor call 18 inches of snow a dusting.

Kent State: 

Defensively good.  38th in Pom

Foul a lot.  Gave up over 20 free throws per game despite playing the 189th toughest schedule accoring to Pom.  Turn opponents over a lot.  Hold opponents to a low shooting percentage.  Just an okay rebounding team.

Offensively, just okay.  110th on Pom.  Shoot an average number of threes, makes an average number of threes.  Have gotten to the line a decent number of times but have given up more free throws than they receive.  Shot 45.4% as a team and 33.6% from three.

Best comparison to a P5 team seems to be Florida.

Only three non-conference opponents worth mentioning:  Houston, Charleston ,and Gonzaga.  Played all three tough....lost all three by 5, 2, and 7 points, all on the road.  15-3 in conference.  Losses were all on the road -- Northern Illinois, Akron, and Ball State.  Unlike their non-conference losses, these were all double digits -- 10, 12, and 12.

Let’s start with a caveat: I cannot stand Dan Dakich. Cannot stand him. Can we all stipulate to that and move on? 

Because the following video of Dakich and Kent Sterling discussing:

1) How Chris Reynolds pulled off the greatest pro-IU, anti-Purdue bracket draws possible, and 

2) Dakich’s story of that Sampson scumbag Senderoff’s recruitment of Bud Mackey

is so incredibly excellent. 

So for just this once, here’s to you Danny, and if any of you are going to be in Albany, I highly recommend, per Dakich, that a “Bud Mackey” chant be started.

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Let’s start with a caveat: I cannot stand Dan Dakich. Cannot stand him. Can we all stipulate to that and move on? 

1) How Chris Reynolds pulled off the greatest pro-IU, anti-Purdue bracket draws possible, and 

So for just this once, here’s to you Danny, and if any of you are going to be in Albany, I highly recommend, per Dakich, that a “Bud Mackey” chant be started.

So he put it out there that Chris Reynolds used bias in his decision making?

Jeez Dakich is a horrible turd

6 minutes ago, Josh said:

So he put it out there that Chris Reynolds used bias in his decision making?

Jeez Dakich is a horrible turd

Well yes he’s a turd. But no one cares that he put that out there, and I’m reasonably sure Reynolds wouldn’t give him the time of day.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Well yes he’s a turd. But no one cares that he put that out there, and I’m reasonably sure Reynolds wouldn’t give him the time of day.

I care.  When I accomplish something great and some rat turd accuses me of impropriety I get very annoyed

43 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Personally, I think Purdue got the easiest path of anyone. Duke is definitely a threat in the Sweet 16 but they got the easiest if the 8/9s they could have gotten. Tennessee is injured. They've already beaten Marquette but Marquette is better since then. 

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Personally, I think Purdue got the easiest path of anyone. Duke is definitely a threat in the Sweet 16 but they got the easiest if the 8/9s they could have gotten. Tennessee is injured. They've already beaten Marquette but Marquette is better since then. 

Interesting take, considering FAU and Memphis just appeared in the AP Top 25 this week and West Virginia is the only other 8/9 seed that even got votes (2). 

22 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Interesting take, considering FAU and Memphis just appeared in the AP Top 25 this week and West Virginia is the only other 8/9 seed that even got votes (2). 

Memphis would be a tough second round game.    They have a legit all American guard and they played 4 games against 1 seeded teams this year.    Lost at Bama by 3 and lost at Houston by 2, lost to Houston by 8 and beat them minus Sasser.  Memphis is a team that should have been seeded better.   If they get by FAU which won’t be easy Purdue is going to have to win that game which I think they will but it will be a battle 

26 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I had FAU ranked even, but I don't think Memphis/FAU give the type of athletes thrown at them that say... Auburn or Arkansas could have. Kansas seems to have gotten the most difficult 8/9 matchup with Arkansas and Illinois, flowed by Houston with Iowa/Auburn. 

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Memphis would be a tough second round game.    They have a legit all American guard and they played 4 games against 1 seeded teams this year.    Lost at Bama by 3 and lost at Houston by 2, lost to Houston by 8 and beat them minus Sasser.  Memphis is a team that should have been seeded better.   If they get by FAU which won’t be easy Purdue is going to have to win that game which I think they will but it will be a battle 

Memphis was probably seeded correctly but their talent level and how they have played suggest they would be under seeded 

1 hour ago, TheWatShot said:

And Texas A&M being a 7 seed is a little head scratching.  Thinking was 5, 6 at worst.