Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Indiana Vs Kennesaw State 12/23/22 7pm BTN Game Thread

4 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Well, I thought the same thing until he done his little gesture after hitting that tough fadeaway. Come on, you’re freaking playing kenesaw at at home dude. 

I've just come to accept that attitude thing as part of this generation. They get their "style" from their NBA heroes. I was talking more about knowing what to do on the court in terms of his play.

9 minutes ago, TTT said:

Return to greatness…who were the top 10 most overrated teams in men’s college basketball to start the season???

Interesting question and probably would depend on each person as to who the top 10 most overrated teams would be.     For me you would have to start with Creighton who entered the year in the top 10 and have lost 6 straight and fell all the way out of top 25.   You could put the whole A-10 in there since they are currently a 1 bid league(St Louis, Dayton) probably the most overrated of the bunch since they were suppose to be competing for an at-large bid.    Notre Dame brought almost everyone back from a tourney team and have disappointed so it seams they were overrated.    Plenty more teams I could think of off the top of my head before I got to IU as one of the most overrated.    Losing to 2 projected #1 seeds away from home  and a road conference game doesn’t mean you are overrated it just means your team isn’t ready to compete for a top 3 seed.    But that just my opinion it might be someone else’s opinion that they are overrated 

1) Settles needs to call more games. I thought he was awesome. I felt like I was learning something while he talked. 

2) I hope IU found something on offense. I don't think clogging the lane with Race/Trayce is going to work. I like Race Thompson a lot. Just not sure he's a starter. 

3) It's Kennesaw State, but I hope Tamar Bates is starting to come along. I really like his shot. I feel like when he shoots it's going in. 

4) Turnovers are starting to scare me a bit. 

Much needed rest for the team. Sounds like they're off for a few days then a week plus of practice. Hope this is what the team needs. Trayce should be rested up. Gives the staff time to make adjustments hopefully. 

4 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Interesting question and probably would depend on each person as to who the top 10 most overrated teams would be.     For me you would have to start with Creighton who entered the year in the top 10 and have lost 6 straight and fell all the way out of top 25.   You could put the whole A-10 in there since they are currently a 1 bid league(St Louis, Dayton) probably the most overrated of the bunch since they were suppose to be competing for an at-large bid.    Notre Dame brought almost everyone back from a tourney team and have disappointed so it seams they were overrated.    Plenty more teams I could think of off the top of my head before I got to IU as one of the most overrated.    Losing to 2 projected #1 seeds away from home  and a road conference game doesn’t mean you are overrated it just means your team isn’t ready to compete for a top 3 seed.    But that just my opinion it might be someone else’s opinion that they are overrated 

I wouldn't think too hard about it.  Just seems like another troll post.

28 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Besides Purdue who else has shown you that they are any better than us in the big ten. All the teams have struggled at some point in the non conference schedule.  Even Purdue hasn't played great their last few games.

More the fact we are insanely easy to defend as a team. Double TJD, this team folds. 

15 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I never said anything about great. Hello, I’d take playing “decent” right now

I was responding to your post saying you can't see us finishing in the top of if the conference. Just asking why you don't see us finishing in the top half and who had proven to be that much better than IU

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

1) Settles needs to call more games. I thought he was awesome. I felt like I was learning something while he talked. 

2) I hope IU found something on offense. I don't think clogging the lane with Race/Trayce is going to work. I like Race Thompson a lot. Just not sure he's no longer a starter. 

3) It's Kennesaw State, but I hope Tamar Bates is starting to come along. I really like his shot. I feel like when he shoots it's going in. 

4) Turnovers are starting to scare me a bit. 

Much needed rest for the team. Sounds like they're off for a few days then a week plus of practice. Hope this is what the team needs. Trayce should be rested up. Gives the staff time to make adjustments hopefully. 

In terms of Race, who is a better option at the 4?  Reneau is struggling, JG is inconsistent.  Kopp can't rebound or defend the 4.

Even in a down offensive game timeout, Race provided 14 blocks and decent interior defense.  Now, you can certainly stagger TJD and Race more to have other looks without two posts.  Also think that if Race is in without Trayce that it cuts down on him shooting from the perimeter since he'd be the only post.  He only put up 3 threes in 68 minutes the last two games with Trayce out.

15 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

I guess I’m concerned most about a level of intensity especially at the start of games. How many times have we came out flat as ****? Seriously 

I'd like to see a change in starting lineup. JHS Bates Kopp maybe Geronimo and TJD. Won't ever happen. Feel like Woody is obligated to play Race. 

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

In terms of Race, who is a better option at the 4?  Reneau is struggling, JG is inconsistent.  Kopp can't rebound or defend the 4.

Even in a down offensive game timeout, Race provided 14 blocks and decent interior defense.  Now, you can certainly stagger TJD and Race more to have other looks without two posts.  Also think that if Race is in without Trayce that it cuts down on him shooting from the perimeter since he'd be the only post.  He only put up 3 threes in 68 minutes the last two games with Trayce out.

That's the problem. Malik's hit a wall. My goodness. I'd like for it to be Jordan but he's so undersized. Just think something else has to work.

16 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Well, I thought the same thing until he done his little gesture after hitting that tough fadeaway. Come on, you’re freaking playing kenesaw at at home dude. 

That chapped my @ss too!  Why can't we have guys that act like they have been there, done that?  

1 minute ago, Ryno6284 said:

That chapped my @ss too!  Why can't we have guys that act like they have been there, done that?  

I'm younger and I hated it too lol. If it was a B1G game against somebody good go for it. But it's Kennesaw State. That being said Tamar is getting there. 

2 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'd like to see a change in starting lineup. JHS Bates Kopp maybe Geronimo and TJD. Won't ever happen. Feel like Woody is obligated to play Race. 

I think so too, but I think we will be better next year without 3 certain players because it will open the halfcourt with more athletic players.

18 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Good luck to your Owls.  I thought IU did a decent job containing Youngblood and Burden and Kennesaw had a couple of guys step up.  Defensively Kennesaw played hard and well in first half.  IU had enough talent in the second half and Kennesaw's margin of error was small.

Yes margin of error was very small. They contained them extremely well. We couldn't contain Bates. Happens I guess.... long season ahead for both teams to figure stuff out. 

1 minute ago, GoOwls said:

Yes margin of error was very small. They contained them extremely well. We couldn't contain Bates. Happens I guess.... long season ahead for both teams to figure stuff out. 

Glad your team could give ours a good run tonight!  Who wants a boring 30 point blow-out before Christmas break?  Best of luck the rest of the season!

9 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I'm younger and I hated it too lol. If it was a B1G game against somebody good go for it. But it's Kennesaw State. That being said Tamar is getting there. 

Maybe on a shot to win a game.  I could go for that!

2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Rutgers 

They still like every other team in the B1G has shown they have flaws.    Lost at home to Seton Hall.  Lost to a temple team that just lost to Maryland-Eastern.    I’m high on Rutgers as well but they will struggle on the road jus like most teams.   I personally don’t see much separation between the teams in the B1G.   No elite team just a bunch of good teams with many holes.   

2 minutes ago, Ryno6284 said:

Maybe on a shot to win a game.  I could go for that!

I hope he starts next game. I think he's earned it. Not the best on defense. Plus, I like Galloway off the bench. He's a perfect 6th man. We will see about Race. I just wish Geronimo would be more consistent. 

9 minutes ago, GoOwls said:

Kennesaw State will win their conference because they defend and can shoot the 3. I told a lot of people that we could lose tho game and your team was there for 35 minutes.  Hit your free throws and you will definitely win your conference