Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

Game Thread: Indiana vs. Arizona (12/10) 7:30 p.m. EST on Fox

Odds Jalen plays? Doesn't sound likely does it? 
@Chris007 said he didn't practice this week so I'm guessing he's going to be out or very limited at best.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Originally posted my thoughts in the prediction thread but now that this is up moving them here.

I'd be more confident if I knew JHS was playing -- but kind of interesting to see some really pro-AZ predictions here.

As of now, Kenpom has IU at #10 overall, #26 AdjO, and #11 AdjD, and

AZ as #18 overall, #2 AdjO, and #64 AdjD.

AZ is better than UNC, but on paper this looks a bit like the UNC game, UNC is (as of now) #10 AdjO and #59 AdjD.

If we bring our top flight D to the neutral floor, we're looking pretty good going in. JHS's D, though, has been a big part of our overall D. Galloway is certainly strong defensively and just had a great game. Still want to know JHS is playing, but if he isn't, we're still a strong defensive team and our O is better (or at least potentially can be better without JHS) than AZ. 

I'm not seeing the reason to be so pro AZ in this game. This won't be a Rutgers game. Should be a tight, well fought game, imo.

Originally posted my thoughts in the prediction thread but now that this is up moving them here.

I'd be more confident if I knew JHS was playing -- but kind of interesting to see some really pro-AZ predictions here.

As of now, Kenpom has IU at #10 overall, #26 AdjO, and #11 AdjD, and

AZ as #18 overall, #2 AdjO, and #64 AdjD.

AZ is better than UNC, but on paper this looks a bit like the UNC game, UNC is (as of now) #10 AdjO and #59 AdjD.

If we bring our top flight D to the neutral floor, we're looking pretty good going in. JHS's D, though, has been a big part of our overall D. Galloway is certainly strong defensively and just had a great game. Still want to know JHS is playing, but if he isn't, we're still a strong defensive team and our O is better (or at least potentially can be better without JHS) than AZ. 

I'm not seeing the reason to be so pro AZ in this game. This won't be a Rutgers game. Should be a tight, well fought game, imo.

Their size will be an issue I think

55 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

Their size will be an issue I think

Could be, all the more reason I hope to see both Ren and JG get in and play well. TJD is going to do fine, we need our other front court guys (in addition to Race) working their way back to contributing well

40 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Gus Johnson and Bill Raftery are set to be on the call for Indiana vs. Arizona Saturday on FOX.

I tried my best and I can’t come up with a worse pairing. Then add in FOX’s score bug. I might find alternative plans Saturday evening. 

LAS VEGAS. Xavier Johnson vs. Kerr Kriisa. TJD vs. Oumar Ballo. Let's GO.
Big opportunity for a non-conference signature win away from home, don't play like we did against Rutgers and should be in this one until the end. 
GO HOOSIERS.
I believe the tip time is 10:30 EST and 7:30 Pacific