Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2022/23 IUFB Offseason News

With the caveat of obviously not seeing the roster for ‘23 yet, but also a pretty clear expectation of the type of player to come in from the portal…it’s hard to put into words how dreadful this team is going to be next year.

This will be the least amount of talent we’ve seen here since the early Wilson days. We’re losing a ridiculous amount of production from both sides of the ball. I don’t care how bad the production was already, it’s going to get replaced almost certainly by worse players. 

If he wouldn’t have just hired a OL coach, I’d be convinced he was ditching town and I still hope he does. He’s made a complete mess of this place. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

if IU wants to have anything resembling a big ten program moving forward. 

That is the question and I'm not optimistic about the answer. We have spent millions on renovation and still will not invest in the most important part, coach. Maybe when this fiasco is over we will do a proper coaching search and get a real qualified guy. If the athletic director is not already working the phone and back channels, he should be fired immediately.

3 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

With the caveat of obviously not seeing the roster for ‘23 yet, but also a pretty clear expectation of the type of player to come in from the portal…it’s hard to put into words how dreadful this team is going to be next year.

This will be the least amount of talent we’ve seen here since the early Wilson days. We’re losing a ridiculous amount of production from both sides of the ball. I don’t care how bad the production was already, it’s going to get replaced almost certainly by worse players. 

If he wouldn’t have just hired a OL coach, I’d be convinced he was ditching town and I still hope he does. He’s made a complete mess of this place. 

And what does it say about the fan perception of the program that, whereas fans usually ***** about players leaving and site NIL or selfishness or some such, in this case we’re just, “yeah of course they are.”

It's easy to look back with hindsight but the beginning of the end for CTA was keeping Hiller on staff at the end of last year's season. Had CTA let him go this team and 2021 staff is more than likely still intact. 

This is going to be interesting to watch unfold. The transfer portal is a game changer. 

6 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Not to mention throwing a team together in fall training camp is not ideal in terms of chemistry and cohesiveness.

This next couple of years could be like the Dinardo years where he barely had 60 scholarship players.

Is there a limit on how many.players we can bring in. I know there is like 25 freshman you can bring in but is there a limit on transfers.

2 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Not to mention throwing a team together in fall training camp is not ideal in terms of chemistry and cohesiveness.

They have a BUNCH of holes to fill, but the roster should be pretty well built for spring ball. Always a few additions between May and August, but a majority of next year’s team should have about 5-6 months together before the season starts. 

58 minutes ago, WhiteyMcSpeed said:

Dumpster Fire, any word on Lucas? 

Not yet but……

Lucas will probably have to decide between playing on a team with no QB, poor OL, poor upcoming season, dead man walking coach and virtually zero NIL $$$$$

vs

teams reaching out with offenses that can properly use him (ie not in the f’ng backfield for pass protection or using his 160 lbs to run up the middle), possible upcoming exciting season and NIL $$$$.

I wonder what’s going to happen? It’s really hard to say …LOL

7 minutes ago, Demo said:

And what does it say about the fan perception of the program that, whereas fans usually ***** about players leaving and site NIL or selfishness or some such, in this case we’re just, “yeah of course they are.”

Yeah, I mean I’ll question Lucas’ sanity if he’s still on the roster this time Tuesday. Even the injured guys like Bedford and Camper…just get out man. Terrible vibes. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Yeah, I mean I’ll question Lucas’ sanity if he’s still on the roster this time Tuesday. Even the injured guys like Bedford and Camper…just get out man. Terrible vibes. 

Yeah, for the next guy there’s gonna be nothin’ left. I don’t know, maybe there’s a guy who would find a basically blank slate appealing. Not sure who that guy would be, but you can bet they would require some world class job protection written into that deal.