Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Hoosier Hysterics

36 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

I can’t stand the Hoosier Hysterics guys. I find them extremely weird and cringe at basically every video they put out of themselves that I see. I try to avoid their content whenever possible. If they’re a net positive, great. Me not being among the people who have to interact with them, even greater.

Doing the “We want Dawson” chant at the bar, drew me away from them

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Doing the “We want Dawson” chant at the bar, drew me away from them

That was three years ago and the Fears interview was 18 months ago. 

I'm kinda surprised that those two episodes didn't kill their connection, but to their credit, they've been a whole lot better since then.

If they keep showing they've learned how to do things right while staying entertaining? Maybe soon it's time to chalk up the Garcia and Fears incidents to beginner's idiocy.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

If they keep showing they've learned how to do things right while staying entertaining? Maybe soon it's time to chalk up the Garcia and Fears incidents to beginner's idiocy.

If they were 20 something's and not versed in "entertainment/media" I would agree 100%. But even then they were in their 40's and had success in Looniwood as producer and actor. IMO, they weren't "beginners" (my word, not yours). I think they're just ego-maniacs like most in the entertainment world in Looniwood.

I don't care if they do 1000 podcasts. I don't have to listen if I don't like them. That's fine. I just don't want them making a "beginner's" mistake when it comes to NIL compliance and get the whole IU system in trouble.

33 minutes ago, DWB said:

If they were 20 something's and not versed in "entertainment/media" I would agree 100%. But even then they were in their 40's and had success in Looniwood as producer and actor. IMO, they weren't "beginners" (my word, not yours). I think they're just ego-maniacs like most in the entertainment world in Looniwood.

I don't care if they do 1000 podcasts. I don't have to listen if I don't like them. That's fine. I just don't want them making a "beginner's" mistake when it comes to NIL compliance and get the whole IU system in trouble.

Looniwood ...  lol 

Completely agree with your second paragraph. Interestingly enough, they've done a large number of long podcasts and never really stirred up any controversy during them.

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

That was three years ago and the Fears interview was 18 months ago. 

I'm kinda surprised that those two episodes didn't kill their connection, but to their credit, they've been a whole lot better since then.

The Fears thing was 11 months ago during the Cincinnati football game.  Strangely, our recruitment of him seemed to end then and there.

Can anyone fill me in on the Fears thing? Definitely don't remember that. 

The Garcia stuff I remember. There was also another dude on Twitter that was taking pictures of Garcia when in Bloomington and posting them to Twitter, which I called him out on. That kind of crap should be WAY off limits to be taking pictures of HS kids. But that dude blocked me sooo. But as far as I could tell, he really believed he was some sort of paparazzi for IU and really helping.. really just being an absolute creep and recruits have to see that. 

56 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Can anyone fill me in on the Fears thing? Definitely don't remember that. 

The Garcia stuff I remember. There was also another dude on Twitter that was taking pictures of Garcia when in Bloomington and posting them to Twitter, which I called him out on. That kind of crap should be WAY off limits to be taking pictures of HS kids. But that dude blocked me sooo. But as far as I could tell, he really believed he was some sort of paparazzi for IU and really helping.. really just being an absolute creep and recruits have to see that. 

That guy still does that.  He posts on the message boards, sometimes here I believe.  The pictures he posts are usually minimal and of the golf cart with the recruit.  IDK.  

8 hours ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

The Fears thing was 11 months ago during the Cincinnati football game.  Strangely, our recruitment of him seemed to end then and there.

The recruitment of Fears stopped when the staff decided they wanted Cupps and Little.  It had nothing to do with the interaction with the Hysterics    Since that time the hysterics have a better relationship with the staff and probably know a little more about who the staff is actually going after and when they cool off    You definitely can tell they dialed it back after that situation    If they would of ruined a recruitment of a player the staff really wanted their access would of gone down after that but their access and friendship with the staff only went up more after that time 

29 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That guy still does that.  He posts on the message boards, sometimes here I believe.  The pictures he posts are usually minimal and of the golf cart with the recruit.  IDK.  

It's so weird. I remember posting photos of Archie with Dawson out at a restaurant. And he said he "just happened to be there." 

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm in the corner that these two are clowns. Love the podcast but they seem hanger-oners of the program. I do think they got better access because Eric gave Coach Woodson's daughter a job in LA. But we do need a successful NIL program. But maybe the article will put them in check a little. Their getting a little too big for their britches 

This is my major concern. I love love love their podcast. I love what they have done for NIL and the events they put on.

They seem to have learned from some of their mistakes, but it scares me to think what could happen if the relationship sours a bit on IU's end for any reason. Will they handle it in a mature way? Idk that I would count on it. 

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

The recruitment of Fears stopped when the staff decided they wanted Cupps and Little.  It had nothing to do with the interaction with the Hysterics    Since that time the hysterics have a better relationship with the staff and probably know a little more about who the staff is actually going after and when they cool off    You definitely can tell they dialed it back after that situation    If they would of ruined a recruitment of a player the staff really wanted their access would of gone down after that but their access and friendship with the staff only went up more after that time 

Right, they stopped recruiting a top-50 kid with a 5-star little brother for two top-100 kids.  Good spin!  Their interaction with Fears was an NCAA recruiting violation.  Media cannot interact with recruits during visits.  Neither can NIL collectives. 

If you actually knew anything, you'd know IU tolerates these two merely because they don't want to be perceived as getting in the way of players making money.  They'd love for actual reputable people with real money and contacts to take the lead on this stuff.  But without that, IU Athletics is in a bind.

51 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

Right, they stopped recruiting a top-50 kid with a 5-star little brother for two top-100 kids.  Good spin!  Their interaction with Fears was an NCAA recruiting violation.  Media cannot interact with recruits during visits.  Neither can NIL collectives. 

If you actually knew anything, you'd know IU tolerates these two merely because they don't want to be perceived as getting in the way of players making money.  They'd love for actual reputable people with real money and contacts to take the lead on this stuff.  But without that, IU Athletics is in a bind.

Yeah that’s how recruiting works.   Schools cool on players and refocus all the time.  IU wasn’t the only team that cooled on Fears at the time.  Illinois refocused as well even though he was a top 50 in state player with a 5 star  little brother.    End of the day people are free to believe what they want.   I just know I didn’t waste time following the Fears recruitment before that stuff went down because it was strongly hinted that IU was focusing elsewhere.

Harder thing to believe would be IU athletics just tolerating 2 people because they make the players money.        That would be extremely impressive if they had that much power over a  college program.    

1 hour ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

Can we just get Mark Cuban to “John Ruiz” our program to the next level?  

lol.  I imagine we’ve tried.  

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Yeah that’s how recruiting works.   Schools cool on players and refocus all the time.  IU wasn’t the only team that cooled on Fears at the time.  Illinois refocused as well even though he was a top 50 in state player with a 5 star  little brother.    End of the day people are free to believe what they want.   I just know I didn’t waste time following the Fears recruitment before that stuff went down because it was strongly hinted that IU was focusing elsewhere.

Harder thing to believe would be IU athletics just tolerating 2 people because they make the players money.        That would be extremely impressive if they had that much power over a  college program.    

So IU cooled on Fears before he took a visit there?  Got it.

And yes, the perception that an athletics department is standing between players getting paid is a major, department shattering, program destroying concern in this age of social media and 24/7 news.  People at high levels in the department are very concerned about the HH guys, and also very concerned about getting in their way, especially with how self-serving the HH guys are.  It is a predicament.  They strongly hope others will step in and marginalize their efforts.

13 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

And yes, the perception that an athletics department is standing between players getting paid is a major, department shattering, program destroying concern in this age of social media and 24/7 news.  People at high levels in the department are very concerned about the HH guys, and also very concerned about getting in their way, especially with how self-serving the HH guys are.  It is a predicament.  They strongly hope others will step in and marginalize their efforts.

Shouldn't the people at high levels in the department be exactly the ones that would step in?

39 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

Nah he visited multiple times before his Junior year official.   Concerns about shooting and helicopter dad was major concerns for both IU and Illinois.   

So Indiana athletic department lets the HH run wild because they scared they will be perceived as standing in the way of players making money? Got it