Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

49 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The Adams hire is as subtle as a brick. Would expect him to commit there soon.

However, I have no idea what "we're running out of lunch money" means. Indiana's finished product incoming classes have been excellent under Mike Woodson, and I have no reason to think they won't continue to be excellent.

We shall see.  '23 isn't going according to plans.  I'm sure many of us will convince ourselves of a great recruiting class after the Transfer Portal one way or another.  Can't be mad about Flory I guess, but other teams are doing what it takes to get impact players and we aren't.  We've missed A LOT in a row.  And several who have been on campus.  

As far as Flory to Indiana for HH, I guess they can wipe some of the dirt off this recruitment by saying he visited Indiana and whatever but Cincinnati just had too much to offer......blah blah blah

54 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

The Adams hire is as subtle as a brick. Would expect him to commit there soon.

However, I have no idea what "we're running out of lunch money" means. Indiana's finished product incoming classes have been excellent under Mike Woodson, and I have no reason to think they won't continue to be excellent.

The stealing lunch money thing is my running joke for '23 recruiting because it has the feeling we are being punked.  Mostly by Maryland, Michigan State, and now Cincinnati.  LOL .  Ain't Purrrrty.  

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

3 hours later..  this still sucks.  Kid is good. 

alright, moving on…….

Should of moved on awhile ago.    This shouldn’t of shocked anyone.   This one was decided long ago.   I feel for Bradley in this one.    They thought they were getting a player.   Problem was he blew up too much and made it to where his recruitment was going to be national.   This kid was always tied to Adams regardless of what was said most on here I would hope could read between the lines and see this recruitment was always closed.    Where ever Adams is on staff when this kid gets to college will be getting a good one.   He is on Cincy staff for now plenty of time for that to change In this day and age 

Yeeeeahhh this really isn’t the kind of situation I like our team to get mixed into. It sets a precedent, like we’re willing to negotiate our staff for one kid. Yeah, from what I read he’s good, and I can’t wait to get up to Kokomo a time or two this season to watch him. But we’re bigger than one kid. 

I’d prefer he goes to Cincy over OSU or Illinois or something. Let’s keep Reneau around and never miss Flory. 

15 minutes ago, rayl456 said:

So, this kid is the second coming of who?  Kareem?  Bill Russell?  The Greek Freak?    SMH

Will he be the next Hakeem or the next Hanner Perea

18 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Yeeeeahhh this really isn’t the kind of situation I like our team to get mixed into. It sets a precedent, like we’re willing to negotiate our staff for one kid. Yeah, from what I read he’s good, and I can’t wait to get up to Kokomo a time or two this season to watch him. But we’re bigger than one kid. 

I’d prefer he goes to Cincy over OSU or Illinois or something. Let’s keep Reneau around and never miss Flory. 

It really becomes a question of whether or not you are willing to sell your soul to win a few more games. To me that's not how you build a program with integrity. When we get to the point when winning is all that matters, I am probably done. I understand that others have different views on how we become a national player again, but there are things that I'm not willing to do.

8 minutes ago, cthomas said:

It really becomes a question of whether or not you are willing to sell your soul to win a few more games. To me that's not how you build a program with integrity. When we get to the point when winning is all that matters, I am probably done. I understand that others have different views on how we become a national player again, but there are things that I'm not willing to do.

Hallelujah and amen.

13 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Well said. And, truthfully, I’ve never given this recruitment a moment’s thought.

43 minutes ago, cthomas said:

This kind of mentality is why IU has 1 elite eight appearance in my lifetime. A contingent of the fanbase, and the administration itself, would rather be virtuous than good. At least that way when we lose we can talk about how we do things the “right way.” 

59 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Amen

17 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

This kind of mentality is why IU has 1 elite eight appearance in my lifetime. A contingent of the fanbase, and the administration itself, would rather be virtuous than good. At least that way when we lose we can talk about how we do things the “right way.” 

I feel it is because IU went away from the their identity and brought in a guy like Sampson that is not IU material. We went to far away from what made IU great for years and tried to be lile every other program.

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

As I said, others may view things differently. I have no problem with that. For me personally, winning no matter what or how is not something I'm interested in.

I feel it is because IU went away from the their identity and brought in a guy like Sampson that is not IU material. We went to far away from what made IU great for years and tried to be lile every other program.

Or Indiana could have been like Houston and win a lot of basketball games and we would have had 20 years of kick @$$ basketball success.

Instead we got what we got being virtuous while we’ve had drug problems under every single coach at Indiana including Woodson. SMH…….

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Sampson would’ve done outstanding here if IU didn’t clutch its pearls and get rid of him. Dude can coach his tail off. Easily the best coach we’ve had since Knight. 

3 minutes ago, cthomas said:

As I said, others may view things differently. I have no problem with that. For me personally, winning no matter what or how is not something I'm interested in.

There’s a big gap between winning no matter what and playing the game like the top schools in college basketball. The IU way hasn’t worked over the past two decades. 

Yep. Always an excuse. Always a reason why some other school has the advantages.

For the record, I’m not necessarily a hire this guy to get this guy type. But I am a let’s make a deal type if all parties can benefit. All I know is, the evidence points to, we need to sweeten the pot on our deal making.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Sampson would’ve done outstanding here if IU didn’t clutch its pearls and get rid of him. Dude can coach his tail off. Easily the best coach we’ve had since Knight. 

There’s a big gap between winning no matter what and playing the game like the top schools in college basketball. The IU way hasn’t worked over the past two decades. 

Don't want to get into a debate here, I respect your right to your opinion. Generationaly, we see things differently. That's fine with me. We all want a nationally relevant IU basketball team. We just sometimes disagree about how we get there.

14 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Hiring Adams is within the rules… fyi, Woodson wanted to do that